• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 29, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Matt
I will push the lever back into place. ( I usually keep an eye on it but forgot )

Jeff

Allen, pay particular attention to the fact there are 3 setscrew holes, but 6 screws!
<font size="-2">I feel like I'm talking to myself.</font>

Allen,
Here's what the button looks like. ( with quarter for size )
191423.jpg

191424.jpg

Matt
All fixed now ( until it comes out again )
191425.jpg

Jeff

thoses so called figers on my look like there frozen from rust and the button on the front of pto is all but gone, what is left , its like welded right to the fingers.

what would do take the pto off and rebuilt it. or can i do it right on mower. and what would you recommend to replace on it.

Jeff:
I'd pull that Ep*y link off before you wake Charlie up.....
clappy.gif

"please no links to online selling sites for ongoing auctions (Ebay, businesses, etc.)."

KentucK:
Long standing problem that the PTO will rotate when disengaged if there's no attachment belt on it... The cone brake setup on the later ones fixed that, I'm sure. Also, the original fiber button probably has a little more friction than the brass ones. My fix involves an extra switch (key locked, but non OSHA approved..) that bypasses the PTO safety switch - I then leave the PTO engaged when there's not belt on it..Saves trying to remember to engage it after starting..
old.gif

Allen (with the little "a") - I told ya to look in the FAQ before you start. There's good info in there for going green and changing the baking soda box in yer fridge and how long it's permissible to wear your underwear before turning them inside out to wear again ... oh yeah there's PTO and other <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet info in there too !

KENtuckyKEN Thanks that picture was a great help to me. Those bolts are really hidden from sight. I found one bolt loose and the other missing altogether. Just tightening the one bolt made a made a big difference. I'll get a second bolt in there in a minute. I still need to rebuild the steering box, but that gets me going today. Now to continue with the engine swap!

James - Hopefully that other bolt is just MIA and not twisted (like many here
crazy.gif
) off.

Back