• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 29, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank,
The M4 is a newer variation of the M16/AR15 platform.

The dudes are the ammo itself as the AR15 is a good weapon. I haven't had any misfires with my Bushmaster AR15.

Good to hear the 123 isn't the target

Jeff

James - The tube is a press fit. Here's the only mounting.
191404.gif

KENtuckyKEN
there is not a "button" on the PTO's lever arm @ the PTO. there is one on the pto.

Allen - Got to have one on the arm too. It'll be a different type but it is suppose to have one , other wise it'll wear into the arm and you'll be sorry
rtfm.gif

They press in IF it's not badly damaged from use without one. It's a light press fit , a hammer tap sets it.

The Bronze one (3 below) last forever.

Allen,
I pulled the grill on my 125 to take a picture of the button on the PTO and the fiber button on the arm.

This is in the engage position ( meaning the button pushes the PTO in when the lever is pulled back )

Jeff

191407.jpg

James M..
Tube was loose on my 129... I cleaned the tube and the gearbox housing and <font size="-1"><font size="-2">(don't read this KentucK)</font></font> slathered Quick Set JB Weld over the tube and forced it all the way into the housing. It's tight as KentucK's wallet now...

KentucK:
Well, not "forever forever"... I've turned three of 'em for the 129 in about 10 years..

jeff
so when engaged the buttons do not touch each other.(correct)

Kid<sub>e</sub> - Yeah but we know how old farts like to ride the clutch ...

Jeff - That was nice of you to run out and dismantle your cub to get a pic for Allen ... fast too !

Allen,
That is correct. The picture was taken with the lever in the forward position, as if I was cutting the lawn or snowthrowing.

When the lever is pulled back, the fiber button pushes back on the center steel button which allows the PTO to freewheel which stops the blades or snowthrower.

Ken,
As they say " a picture is worth a thousand words". Plus it will be archived so it can possibly help someone else in the future.

I've gotten a lot of good info from this site and will try to "pay it forward" whenever I can.

Jeff

ok thanks jeff and ken. very helpful.
here's my 106 given to me. been sitting 3 yrs. had to replace ignition and rebuilt steering box yesterday and got it running good. needs wiring harness. i painted deck just for something to do till parts got here friday.

191411.jpg

191412.jpg

Allen - You NEED a PTO button too !
You really need to hit ENTER between pics too and b4 first pic.
Hit the notepad icon to the right and you can still fix it before Digger comes in here and chews everybody out ... he's always in a bad mood when he's not sleeping
clappy.gif

Jeff -
thumbsup.gif

Allen N.-

In addition to the wear button, it also appears from your picture that you need the thrust button on the PTO clutch itself. There doesn't appear to be much left of the one that's on there. See #15 below.
191417.png

Jeff D.-

Your clutch has a problem, too...you might want to get that release finger back where it belongs.

191418.jpg

Matt - It works better when you do it right huh
biggrin.gif

I think Allen may need to rebuild his PTO as it looks like the flat spring may be ate up from rust there on the points.

Allen - Before you start on that PTO go to the FAQ (2 pages) and READ ALL you can find about PTO R&R. It'll save a lot of headaches !

Back