Archive through May 23, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wes, I thought it was Wyatt that was wanting to build the T/A Cub.
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif

Michael H., there was an add on PTO kit for the Original to use a 38" pin on style deck as would have been used on a model 70. Is the PTO engagement lever triangle shaped like the one below? If so it's likely factory parts.

190869.jpg

Larin, without seeing the Cub Cadet 125 and your Husqvarna it's hard to say if that's a good deal or not. If it seems like a deal to you, go for it.

Additional thoughts added under edit: Does the 125 have any optional stuff? You mentioned wheel weights, are they the cast IH weights or cheap plastic coated concrete weights? Does the 125 have lights? Does it have a rear lift? These things could sweeten the deal.

Kraig, it could have been Wyatt but Denny and I talked about it at RPRU last summer. I just know I need to get 1 of my hydros back running strong. It is nice to be able to mow the lawn without stopping to add oil. I mowed for over 2 hours and barely used 3/4 tank of fuel. The 129 would have run out even with it's 2 gallon tank compared to 1 5/8 gallon.

Wes - It was Wyatt. I asked him long ago what kind of parts he needed to make one , in case I came across anything in my scrape yard ventures.

Kid<sub>e</sub> - No it's NOT my turn at the HELP DESK ! I was up from 6am Thursday til 6am this morning ... I would not have been able to have been my usual polite, friendly, helpful servant to the unending list of idiotic and insightful things this site requires answered ... namely your question of, "Isn't it KentucK's turn on the help desk???". I am STILL waiting for my paycheck from the previous unending time and devotion I spend answering questions ... namely your question of, "Isn't it KentucK's turn on the help desk???".

I am also still waiting for your pictorial write up of the R&R of the 129.
So why are you still reading when you should be typing ????

re: Donald's tire size. He said that one tire is 1 inch taller than the other. I don't think 1/2" in height would make any difference in the duties he has to do with it. He could even let a "little" air pressure out of the tallest tire if he were really worried about it. But then again if he was really worried about it he wouldn't have sought help here ... he'd have called the Nascar tech hot line since they are experts at going in circles because one tire is taller than the other
clappy.gif

Eric - Let me go dig out a bucket in the garage ... and get back with ya ...

Eric - You've mentioned so many cubs lately that I've lost track of what you do have. Have you got a running WF ?

Ok need some expert advice here. Actually this is going to probably sound silly. Is there a 'method' for tightening the tension on a tiller belt? I got the #2 all mounted up on the 129. I hooked the eye bolt up to the pulley that has the spring tensioner. I've tried from barely cranking the tension past finger tight, to cranking in probably an inch or so further and every time I try and baby it slowly I get about 1-2 feet and the belt jumps off. I've been at it now for the last 2-3 hours and probably had to put the belt on well over a dozen times. I'm to the point now where I dont even know which way to go. I figure too loose it would be jumping off but I have tried pretty tight with the same outcome. I sure wish the tiller had a tensioner like the mower were all ya had to do was tighten it till it was between the slots, that would help out alot!

Eric: If you think that is to much $$ for a 1650 look at my post yesterday about the 1650 I was hoping to get...

Ken

I only have the 128 and the 127, the 128 is still not running, and I finally got a little of my money in so i was trying to find a wide frame hydro tranny and hydro lift, the 127 runs just needs fan replaced which I will have done this week. But I really want a 149 or 169 or something equivalent, wide frames no narrow frames, I think I may use the 127 for a while before I sell it I like the wide frames better.

Tristan-

Are you using a mule drive with straight pulley brackets or angled pulley brackets (i.e. from a 44/50A deck)? If the latter, that's probably most of your problem.

Eric - I'd take the 127 engine and put it on the 128 and then it'll be running. The 127 can sit and collect dust like mine
thumbsup_old.gif
although mine does run 'cause I robbed the 122's engine for it.
biggrin.gif
The 129's the one sitting as a rolling chassis.

Frank: I can work with an ohm meter. What do you have in mind to test those points?

Kentuck: I knew I didn't deserve that check that came here. Sorry, cashed and spent.
Jared: Here first:
190875.jpg

Then check the wire from the - on the coil to where it attaches to the points.
There's a chance that your points aren't opening far enough to cause a spark. There's a chance your coil-to-plug wire is bad. There's a chance your brand new plug is bad or not gapped right.
Joke on me: Years ago a friend (back when I had mechanical friends) and I did a motor job on an unmechanical friends straight 6. Set everything to specs by the book (cold) started it and couldn't believe how rough it ran. 3 of the 6 out- of -the -box AC plugs were closed up tight!
Never ASSuME new is right.
smile.gif

P.S. To try to help make up for cashing the check that was probably meant for someone in Kentucky, if you want to post pics and haven't figured out how to, email them here. We try.
angel.gif

THAT PIC IS SUPPOSED TO GIVE CREDIT TO ROLAND BEDELL. MAY BE AN OLD VERSION?

Frank - Leave me alone ... I'm pickin on Kid<sub>e</sub> today.
joker.gif

I'm gettin old here waiting on his pictorial ...

Tristan, Do you always put the belt on with the same side up? If none of the other things mentioned seem to apply or work try this. Lay the belt out on the floor and mark which side is up. If it comes off,lay it out and turn it over so the other side is up and try again. We have a Woods belly mount mower on a small farm tractor,and I have ran into this situation a couple times,once was with a brand new belt.

Is there any other place to look up parts other than parts lookup above, because it is not working.

Eric - Last 2-3 days somebody posted with a different place they looked ... I forgot to save it.

Ken: Since it looks like we can do no wrong, lately, where in Kentucky is the home of Kentucky Fried Chicken and the home of Old Glory? Or is it considered to be the whole state? Betsy Ross was from Kentucky? I can say I've been as far West as Bowling Green, but it was a fast, unauthorized, trip when I was in the Navy. Helped a fellow shipmate drive his car home and hitchhiked back to Newport, RI. Missed muster. Another one of these:
bottom.gif

I brought the 149/tiller (Tilly) home tonight from a friend's garage where she'd spent the winter. Tilled about 6 passes and lost hydraulic lift. You guessed it - that cussed pin on the lift arm that even a guy in Minnesota has mentioned what a PITA it is. Blackflies helped to lead to loss of patience.
bash.gif

Frank posted it partstree.com

Frank - Search it
happy.gif
It's there ...

Eric: Try www.partstree.com My story, sticking to it.
angel.gif

Are we having fun, yet?
1a_scratchhead.gif

I'm in edit mode, now - cuz I can. I'm not in the mood to do more searching this weekend (but probably tomorrow I start with KFC and go from there. I"ve heard the Colonel has a heck of a story behind him. I'll find ya.
draw.gif

Is a 129 a wide body and my mowing deck won't stay up so it cuts down to dirt. Do I need to buy a whole new system or what will raise it up. I like the tractor, it's like new, needs a seat and the deck to stay up. I appreciate any help!
Bill
Ohio

ERIC - You will find the CC you want, but it may take time. Murphy's Law is that then you will keep finding them, though you no longer need them.
I just got in from mowing the lawn (started at sunset) and just realized that I missed the yard sale of a guy down the road. For years he repaired lawn mowers, lawn & garden tractors and has a yard full of tractors, with a few IH red and yellow ones. When I drove by yesterday evening I noticed he had a nice Lo-Boy.

Maybe it's just as well, I've got four CC's right now.

Eric-

It takes time, and you have to be patient. I've been trying to find a nice IH-built 782 for about 6 years now. I've got a CCC-built one, but it's not my end goal. Someday I'll find one.

Latest posts

Back