Archive through May 19, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myron B.,thanks for the info. That is what you get when you buy a tractor and the guys says oh yeah here is a tote of misc stuff.

Tim A., great looking machine!!
Shift.gif

IH 682 UPDATE

Well, I replaced the bearing in my front PTO clutch (WAS VERY EASY) but that didn't fix the weird noise I was experiencing. BUT the bearing was definitely in need of replacement so 10 bucks well spent. So I removed the cover that covers the muffler and low and behold the end of the muffler was loose!
bash.gif
Must have worked its way loose over the years. Duh! Anyway, I fixed that and NO WEIRD NOISE!
err.gif

225405.jpg

Dave, what do you mean trying the key with the jumper box? I have not yet jumped from the battery side of the solenoid to the starter yet, i will later today.

Jeff, I wondered if you'd hooked the jumper box up to the battery then tried the key switch to start it. Low voltage at the battery will cause the symptoms you've descibed. The easiest way to load test your battery would be put a jumper cable from the + post on the battery to the terminal on the starter. if it turns over the batterys good. I gotta go, be gone all day. Be back tonight. good luck.

Denny , I need U to tutor me how to email pic's to Kraig,since my *gray matter* has been in a declining state for some time. & the picture storage is scattered within our computer here & there.
help.gif
I think I need a sit down & intense immersion training !
screwloose.gif

When hauling moist dirt, salt,hot mix, etc. for DC, I used to spray the box with a lubricant & that kept the dump box cleaning out very well.
Are U going to Jefferson PD?

PAUL R. - We didn't haul any Hot Mix, but TONS of cold patch. We had a 2-1/2 gal sprinkling can we'd fill about 2/3rds full of #2 diesel fuel and go get our load for the day.

The yard or batch plant used to be about 30-35 miles away, then they stopped making cold patch and for a couple days I had the really TOUGH job if driving about 55-60 miles just to get a load with the requisite smaller load since I had to get it scooped off by the end of the day.

Then I got the news, the local blacktop company started making cold patch. From that plant to the far corner of our township was ohhhhh MAYBE five miles. Compared to the other plants I could have 4000-5000 pounds down by the time I even got LOADED at the old plants. That went on for a month, Then the boss got the bill for the month's loads. He wanted me to make them smaller by 3000-4000#. There went my over-time!

We hauled a lot of dirt at times, but it was pretty dry. Never hauled salt, but quite a bit of sand and a LOT of rock & chips. The replacement for the little single axle dump I drove was actually a tandem with probably a 20 ft box.

I saw the notice in the PD section about the Jefferson PD. But no, not planning on going. Got too many projects going at home.

I can go steal a couple bags from the wife's stash! Orvil Red what ever ok??
1a_scratchhead.gif
Is it ok if I bring the dog? He LOVES popcorn!

I want to paint my "O" red and white like a few other guys on here. Just a thought,any thoughts? Not saying I will do it for sure but do like the look. Tim P.
1a_scratchhead.gif

225482.jpg

I am not sure, I am thinking about cleaning it up as is or original scheme and giving to my dad. Restore as if it was new not with different paint, hard decision. My grandfather had an old "H" that my dad loved so would be a nice gesture.

Timothy M. Pennell

leave THAT O ALONE! it looks good all on its own and new paint won`t make it look any better.Denny knows that diesel fuel will help a lot so the load don`t stick fast to the box running cold patch.

Mick morgan

I do also think you have a float not set correct as per how it should be.Its not hard to do when you have he Carb upside down in your hand.

hope you all have had a great day ! I did !
a---allalone.gif

front PTO on a 129.

I posted about having trouble adjusting the linkage on a PTO i just replaced, someone wondered if I did not set the PTO back far enough on the shaft.
having never replaced one before, it is possible.
here is a pic, does anyone think it should go back further?
225487.jpg

does anyone know what the normal operating temperature is for the K301A in a 129?
and what is too hot?

I used an infrared thermometer and got 550F on top of the head at the cooling fins, and 650F on the side, next to the exhaust port.

Frank-

From the looks of the one anit-rattle spring that pto is in proper position. The position you are speaking of is determined by the position of the pto bearing which should be flush with the end of the crankshaft. As long as the pto is properly placed on the bearing and the bearing is placed right you can't go wrong. The set screws and that large internal lock ring in the pto are what positions the pto itself to the bearing.

Some else (like Dennis) will chime in about the block temps. The norms escape me at present but I think they were discussed here not long ago.

Good luck!

Frank, I posted some pics a few months ago from my thermal camera here a few months back. I don't have them on the computer I'm working with here at work but if you search for my name I'm sure you can find them. It may help.

I did find my no charge condition on the 73 this week. The old wiring harness is givin' up the ghost. Frayed and rotted insulation and the exposed wires are green and fragile.... Just waiting for a CCS delivery now and it'll get a new harness.

Don T., you are 100% right. I will leave it alone, I just get bored in between projects and make "off the cuff" decisions to keep myself busy. tim p.
bottom.gif

Latest posts

Back