• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang it anyway, Charlie. You're correct. How many fellas have "green" wheel weights on their Cubs. The way that I see it is similar to saying, "Oh yeah. You buy Playboy for the articles." Well truth be told we do get Playboy and I do like to read the articles. The girls/women are young enough to be my daughter. They are too danged air brushed. AND there are some really great articles. (Now if tthey had a cute little gal posing alongside a nicely restored Cub Cadet, or Massey, or JD,)
biggrin.gif
coffee.gif

Off to mow the lawn. Everyone have a fantastic day.

Easy big fella I was just making an observation, to each his own we are in AMERICA aren't we ? free speech and all you know.
animatedihbear.gif

Help have 1250 with leak from check valve on hydrotransmission , Fluid is coming out of hole in top. Any ideas what is the problem and or fixs for this, Did change fluid and filter this winter, used Wix filter and fluid that meets IHC Hytran B-6 specs.

No different than ford, chevy, dodge. They will give proplems at some point. I have two cubs, one JD rer, JD weed beater. Love the weed beater. Just don't like belt drive gt's. I also personaly think Cubs are built alot better than the rest. But still all personal preferance. Yes I have used some Deere's for tractor work including a couple of real nicely restored 110's. Still rubber band drive though.

Bren

If you guys will notice, the link goes to the GT Magazine page NOT the JD parts page. The JD parts is his main money maker biz so he get's to sell what he wants to on his site.
I don't care if he sells China steel as long as he's a paying sponsor
beerchug.gif

Hey Charlie....I bought some decal stuff from HAPCO and Brandon Pfeiffer back in 2000 when I was restoring my Original....fair prices, good service and quality products!! Yeah, he's primarily a JD operation b-u-t he's been supporting us Cub Cadet folks for many years. Seems some folks haven't been around long enough to know where "their bread gets buttered"... Geeesh...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Alan,

You will probably need a new relief valve. I had the same problem with my 782. I replaced the valve about a month ago and have not had any leaks. There is a repair procedure in the faq section, but it is very involved and you will need a lathe, welder and plenty of skill. For most guys it will be easier and faster to just replace the valve.

About the LGT collector magazine, its not all green. I just got my 3rd copy and the articles about some of the really old tractors are great reading. Plus Hank Will has a column on our beloved cubbies.

Hi guys! I've got some new eye candy for you today. I just finished restoring my CC-500 Brinly cultivator and tried it out hilling my potatoes.
How do you like my choice of tractor for this job?
58511.jpg

More in next post.

58513.jpg

It did a pretty good job once I got it set properly.
58514.jpg

This was a good job for my 122.

jlang, can you give us a shot with the implement out of the ground so as to show off the tines? by the way nice set up. To all others, I refer to my last post, it was just an observation and I greatly appreciate his generous sponsorship, hell without guys like him there couldn't be debates like this one.
angel.gif

Just for the record around here there are to cubs, the old mans got two deere and two ariens. The ariens loader is set up with the same series Kohler as my 1250.
To each their own and it should be a great magazine to read. I'm glad to see a new sponsor.

OK, so I'm going down the road in southern Indiana, when I hear and feel something odd. I look in the rear veiw mirror and see this....
58516.jpg

So I get out to take a looks see and here's this red thing sitting on the deck of the trailer.....
58517.jpg

Ahhhh. International 234. Another "Red in the shed!" Life is good.

Tom,Tom,Tom,
Now you know you don't NEED that thing, just leave it on the trailer and head this way and I'll take it off your hands.
biggrin.gif

You can go ahead and drop that in NE Indiana...will save you money driving back.

Tom H -

I may be nosey, or maybe just curious, but I just gotta ask what kind of yellow goodies are in the back of your truck in that photo thru the rear-view mirror?
dunno.gif

Tom, Nice find!!! How did the Ranger do pulling it back. Did you find any cheap gas there?

Chris,
The Ranger did good! I took off the folding ramp to help on the air drag. Got CHEAP GAS
sad.gif
for $3.29 (about $.20 cheaper that around here). The yellow thing in back is a Woods rear blade with end wings.

Hi all,
I just bought Andy's weathered 122 with creeper and tiller.
I have a few questions, I noticed instead of an key switch, there is a tractor push starter button. Did these come with key switches? The white seat while original just isn't as nice as a black seat. Did the 122 come with black seats? (Like yours, John Lang?)
--Chris

Chris - Key , White Rubber Seat with blue piping.

Nope , I think the 102 had the rubber seat. I think the 122 had a fiberglass pan with padding/upholstery.

Latest posts

Back