• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 16, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcrain

displayname
keith crain
THANKS CHARLIE BUT I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF GIVE TO KEEP FROM TEARING UP THE GRASS TO BAD

keith c--- use the welder, then only drive in straight forward/reverse motion ...

biggrin.gif

Lonny- it does sound like the soleniod is sticking. does it turn over as soon as you put that wire on? when you polarize the s/g your matching the battery polarity to the generator polarity.do this by connecting a jumper wire between the regulator battery terminal and armature terminals.just touch the terminals momentarily,all wires should be connected and before you start the engine when you do this.this is for a "A" circuit generator,do you have the delco-remy id number on the generator?T

CHARLIE---- Yepper... "LINCOLN LOCKER"... but Mine would be a "Miller Locker"
bouncy.gif
Both the "Blue Box" variety and malted beverage assisted!
WYATT - To get your LP HP and torque back You'd probably have to shave a good 1/8" off Your block and/or head on the 169. LP likes a LOT of compression..... Didn't You or Travis have an old LP head? I've got a trailer mounted 42 gal. LP tank from an old LP delivery truck You could pull behind the 169 as a fuel tank.... It'd give You some awesome run-time.

Denny.....if Wyatt added the tank cart, it would start to look like he is running one of those gas turbine electric locomotives (G.T.E. aka "BIG BLOW"!!) that UPRR experimented/ran in the 1960's......

Charlie, Monday evening while I was tilling the neighbors garden I was thinking about old Joe <font size="-2">(I was looking at the hardly worn tines on my MTD rear tine tiller and thought of those worn tines on Joes tiller)</font>. Good to hear the battery is still charged up.
happy.gif

On the LP Cub, COOL!
happy.gif

Charlie P.- there is a company that sells a set up for kohler engines, I almost bought one about 2 years ago, they are from out West in Arizona or something, back then the whole set up was going to run right at $200.

Kraig,
I dunno what it is about that 123 but it just FEELS GOOD everytime I get on it. And I have to thank you again for putting me in touch with it and Joe.
beerchug.gif

KEN - Actually..... It would look like He was shooting Anhydrous.....The tank is the right size & shape....Dad was a FS Fuel transport driver and had connections to get a tank like that filled and gave it to Me when LP was cheap to run a 30,000 BTU heater in My shop. Since I insulated the shop 3-4 yrs ago it stays warm longer and I haven't used the LP heater since. I bet there's still 20-25 gal. of LP in the tank. THAT would run a Cubbie Quite a while!

Charlie.....there is a good LPG parts supplier right in your backyard......ACME Carburetion, Mankato, MN. 507-345-4000. If its LPG related they have it!!!

Thanks Ken,
I may need to make a call or 3 after I get it home.
According to the PO all that supposed to be wrong with it is no spark.
Course we've all heard that before!
bash.gif

Found the electrical problem.
With some help from MEO.

The new voltage regulator I installed was sticking.
I tweaked the point arm a bit and now it works like it should.
No more 12 volts going to the starter when the key is removed from the key switch.

David:

I've got two brand new out of the box SKF 6308-J bearings and I can't get either of them on the crank. I've even tried throwing the crank in the freezer with out much luck. I've lubed up both the crank and the ID of the bearing.

They feel like they want to be pressed on which isn't right...

My next attempt is goning to be to warm the bearings a bit with the chilled crank but I really don' think it's going to work.

I hope NAPA takes those bearings back, one of them I'm going to have to press back out.

Matt,

Back in my younger days I would heat bearings up in hot oil to get them on snowmobile cranks, they would drop right on.

Paul:

That would probably work if they weren't pressed block/bearing plate.

I think I might try a hair dryer, it can't hurt..

Denny-
The compression would help, but my real problem was that everything I had was oversisized for the engine. At idle I didn't develop enough of a vacumn for the "vent" side of the regulator to make it run correctly. If I could have found a lighter spring I may have corrected the problem. . .. . or hindsight being 20/20 maybe my carb spacer with a fitting to get vacumn to the regulator wasn't giving a strong enough vacum signal.

It's just a mockup but the real thing is coming soon at your local dealer --

35576.jpg

Worked on the loader some more tonight. Had a very successful time building the pump bracket out of an old mule drive and some of the parts from the old Sears loader mount. I'm very pleased with how compact it ended up being.

35579.jpg

35580.jpg

35581.jpg

35582.jpg

35583.jpg

Two 3/8" carriage bolts and a 3/8" draw bolt to the supporting and tentioning. When I get the final hose routing done I plan on making a loop/bull bar out of 1/2" round stock to weld to the front of the pump bracket to protect the lines and pump.

And.....

A few shots of the loader as it sits tonight....

35584.jpg

35585.jpg

35586.jpg

Mount the valve and add hoses and I'm golden!!!!

Latest posts

Back