• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 15, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose the other caveat here is that my clutch spring was stronger than stock as well. A lighter clutch spring may engage much easier.

Under edit- And I suppose in the spirit of full disclosure- no special tools are needed to set spring tension as long as you use a pair of collars - one to compress the spring and one to hold the spring tension. Easy-peasy spring tension adjusted without taking a single part apart.

Thursday ETA for parts, hope to be mowing this weekend!

1AA_dance2.gif

Attachments

• 1AA_dance2.gif
    1AA_dance2.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 140
Brian E.
Good luck with that!
biggrin.gif

I know who you ordered parts from!
1a_violin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 127
  • 1a_violin.gif
    1a_violin.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 132
Lee Clark: I hope you're tuning in on the discussion of clutches, I know I'm taking notes.

Wyatt Compton: The McMaster-Carr link you posted distinguishes between a regular Belleville washer and the "Belleville Disc Spring" that can be stacked nested or inverted, or even nested and inverted. According to the text, the Disc Spring is "Unlike Belleville washers, they repeatedly return to their original height once working loads are removed." They are also stainless steel. Anyway, they sound like a great, and hardy, alternative to the teaser spring.

I'll have to admit, I'm a bit like Lee in that I can't quite fathom how the clutch works. If I ever get a chance to get my 122 back together, I may figure it out.

Charlie: Shame about the gas tank. Personally, I think the "low tunnel" 7x tractors have a lot of character, if only because many of them support the round fenders, if I recall correctly. It seems the manufacturer doesn't care as much about continuing their own tradition as much as members of this forum do. Just sayin'

Since it's slow today, I'll share a story with everyone.
A guy puts an engine on greedbay.
I throw a bid and reserve is not met.
I email and ask how much. He comes back with $750.00.
I ask, I don't suppose you have anything else like the engine do ya?
He replies back with, I actually have 3 more just like it and would take $600.00 ea. if you buy them all.
So needless to say It didn't take long for me to pay him and send a label to get them shipped up here, LOL
314806.jpg

314807.jpg

314808.jpg

Attachments

• 314806.jpg
    314806.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 314807.jpg
    314807.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 138
  • 314808.jpg
    314808.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 314806.jpg
    314806.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 314807.jpg
    314807.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 142
  • 314808.jpg
    314808.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 148
Charlie

Those are nice engines, for anything from a pumped-up 70 to at least a refreshed 129!

Charlie,

So now when we see them posted on the site for sale at $1500 ea. We'll know what your profit margin is!

BTW, I bet it would sell fast with a catalytic muffler on it!

Latest posts

Back