Archive through May 15, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nic You are not alone over there, I read it whenever something new is up, just havent had much input as this is very new to us.

Scott great write it is printed and will go in the binder in the shop. Picked the material up from McMaster this AM. (only 35 minutes away)

Amy K. That is absolutely fantastic that you're getting those things for FREE!!!! Best price anyone can pay.
happy.gif

Saw the doctor on Thursday. He informed me that I've been working too much so under doctor's orders.... I have to take the weekend off. YIPPEE... I finally get some seat time to work on the lawn and Cub Cadets. Need to run into Ames first. Everyone have a wonderful weekend.

Amy - friend has a newer Grasshopper with a front mount like that - you WILL love it for getting under trees and shrubs. Very cool that your Uncle is passing things along to another generation in the family. I plan on giving my Cub to my son one day - hopefully I'll be 90 and he'll be in his 70's ,,,,

Nic - I don't pull, but you put some pretty good information there from time to time, I always check that thread out..

Dan May - I'm with the ones suggesting the flywheel may be turned on the crank - unless you mixed the fire and tdc marks up, but with 200 K motors under your belt - it's bound to be something freaky...

I have taken that 14hp Kohler apart again.When @tdc the T appears in the site hole with the S above it as it should be. No new key ways and existing key way appears to be perfect.The points are starting to open as the S is in line with the site hole.Thought maybe a valve spring was weak but they both seem the same tension and I have never replaced one ever.Still can't figure why I can't see the dab of paint on the S with a timing light while it is running.It has to run @ a fast idle and it will rev up but is missing all the time.If I didn't say it before,the dot on the cam gear and the mark on the crank gear are in line as supposed to be.I bought this from a guy who said it ran when he put it in the barn.He just didn't tell me how it ran.
Kinda flustered,
Dan

DAN -Engines need three things to run. First you need compression, appears you have that. Then ignition, you have spark when it's needed. Last you need fuel... almost sounds like you may have too much, or maybe too little. If you have a nice fat healthy spark, that's what I'd play with next.

Progress. The next time the engine goes back in, it'll be in to stay.
286520.jpg

That's a nice front end on your red narrow frame. I see how the super steer axel could allow a tighter turning radius. Are those hard to come by? Looking good!

Did anyone make it to the auction in NE Ohio yesterday? How did things sell? What did the chipper/shreader bring? Would have liked to have went but other duties were in the way.

I stayed until the rain got too bad. The running tractors averaged about $300 each. The most expensive was a 122 with lights, creeper, deck and tiller went for $500. They hadn't gotten to the parts tractors yet but they were pretty picked over. A carry-all went for $250.

Didn't International Harvester make a Carry-All that was like a Seadan Delivery pick up truck? Or was that something called a Travel All? Or,is this carry all a Cub Cadet impliment?

Latest posts

Back