• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 15, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sshaff

displayname
Steve Shaff
A few pics of the Haban sickle mower on my 73:

286492.jpg

286493.jpg

and a short video of us trying it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k_yC4I9mG8

Joe Cleer,

Good to have another pulling family on board. I feel like I'm talking to myself most of the time in the pulling thread. I'd love to see photos of all your pullers posted over in that thread.

Question: is it possible to use the bigger 1" spindle (complete front axel from say a 782 or OT 1050) with the skinny 4.8x4-8.00 wheels and tires?

When comparing the sets I have, it obvious the wheel bearing OD's are different. I thought about flipping through a McMaster-Carr for a bearing that would work.

Reason being I just loaned out the RH spindle of my 128 to my brother for his project that had a bad one. I have both a 782 and 1050 axel in the shop with wheels, but I don't like the wide tires on the 128. I want to keep the skinny ones with the plan for tri-ribs to replace the current rubber at some point.

Looks good Steve. Nothing better then playing with our toys.

Ok anyone familiar with a K-36 sunmaster ? My uncle has had one sitting in his barn for years I guess. He has asked me if I wanted it for my Cub as well as a IH dirt plow. I would have to have a 3 point hitch which ive no idea what all it takes to install one so guess ill have to look for instructions. I think he said he even had a 1a tiller also which had been used like 4 times then sit in the back of the barn. He said everything is like new except the K-36 which he used a lot,but no rust and he has a new set of blades for it also. Just curious if anyone has used the K-36 and how good it mows.

This is worth posting full size.
happy.gif
Sorry if anyone is still on dial up.

286506.jpg

Awesome info ty for posting that....I think I may have to retrofit something maybe because I have a 104. My uncle said he loved how it cut grass better than his belly deck. Or I might just have to get me a 70 and mount this one on it....

I do plan on getting them from him since the price is right...lol FREE ! I will have to buy me a 3 point hitch for my 104 to use the plow though. Whats the best kind to buy ? Ive seen many using the Brinly im guessing they are easier to come buy an cheaper ?

Amy, it might fit your 104. The 70/100 were the current models when this brochure was printed. Brinly was one brand of the Sleeve Hitch Adapter, you'll need one for the plow. You'll also need a Cub Cadet 3 point rear lift for the plow and the tiller.

Wow, is that an ever-cool attachment mower! Gee' wizz, it even flips up for easy cleaning. I swear we're going back wards these days. Amy, I hope you get these neat implements, and I think this justifies having another International Cub Cadet!

Amy, You need more CC's. One for each attachment. Love that Sun-Mastr. That is cool! Betcha not many have that.

Ty for the info Kraig....My uncle said he was going to bring them here this Sunday on his way to his sisters house. Im kinda excited,he told me he may even have an O in the back of the barn he said if its there I can have it too. He just doesnt feel like working on these anymore and has all new Cubs to mow with. He said hes done farming these days so he is cleaning out things now while he still can. So im kinda excited to see what all he has . I guess im the only one in the family now who has the older IH CC so thats why hes giving them to me. Well he also knows how much I enjoy these older tractors so I think that helps. I offered to give him money but he said not at all we are family and these will stay in the family if I give them to you
happy.gif

This is about the 200th cub cadet I have worked on and I can't figure it out.Starts easily but mixes em up and not full power.I faced the valves and set intake @.009 & exhaust at.018.New piston,rings and rod which has nothing to do with it's running.New wiring and all new ign. components including a pto switch.Three different carbs.
I added a dab of paint on the S on the flywheel and with a timing light I never see the dab of paint thru the hole in the fan housing.I even changed point setting while running and still no sign of the dab of paint.
What do I do now?
Dan

John IKR....I like that it flips up to clean and or change blades if needed.

Melody I agree...I have been looking for some to rebuild from ground up...but if my uncle does have the O like he thinks that will be a great start for me.

I like the attachment on the front,I have some trees I cant get under to trim on my 104 with the belly mower,but with it being in fron I should be able to reach those spots easy.

Amy, That's great. Maybe you should go play the Lottery with your luck.

I found this on a local auction site just today. I plan on going as it's only 50 miles from my house..
International Harvester Cub Cadet Tractors & Parts

Saturday, May 17, 2014
Chattel: 10:00 AM
International Harvester Cub Cadet Tractors & Parts

Absolute auction, all sells to the highest bidder on location:
585 Yager Rd New Franklin, OH 44216
Directions: From St. Rt. 93, take Yager Rd. east a half mile to the address. From S. Main go west on Yager Rd. 1.1 miles to the address. **Parking for all vehicles for this auction will be at the Occasions Party Center located at 6800 Manchester Rd., St. Rt. 93, Clinton, OH 44216. A van will shuttle you to the auction and bring you back to your car. Directions to Occassions Party Center: From the auction, go west a half mile to Manchester Rd., then turn left and go 7/10's of a mile to the party center (on the right). Ride the shuttle back to the auction.

Map data ©2014 Google Imagery ©2014 TerraMetrics
Terms of Use

Map
Satellite
Owner retiring from a 30 year IH Cub Cadet hobby and is selling everything IH. He has 20 /- IH vintage Cub Cadet Garden tractors that were useable last fall. He also has 40 /- more parked outside – some complete, some just for parts.

Partial Listing Includes: Chipper/shredder attachment, sickle bar mower (configured Bolens), log hauler/grill protector, dual wheel adaptors, Peco Leaf vac systems, snow blowers, plows, weights (including the hard to find 50 pounders), lots of chains, tillers, transfer boxes, round fenders, dozens of decks from “Originals” to a 50 incher, hubcaps, 3 point hitches, sleeve hitch adapter, HD Ohio Moldboard plow, Kohler motors, a model 86 (w/blown engine). We are offering hundreds of boxes of new, refurbished and used IH and Kohler parts from 1961 through the 1980’s Cub Cadet Corporation years. Bidders will find hoods, fenders, seats, extra engines, side panels, lights, reflectors, electrical components, tons of IH and related documentation, way too much to list. Expect everything from rusty rollers to clean running units with multiple attachments and manuals. Kohlers from basic blocks to a complete “Original” 7 HP with vintage oil bath air filter. Sample photos on website.

Dan c may

Have you checked to see if the key in the fly wheel is where it should be . did some one re-slot the key there for changing where the S mark should be . I would check it just before tdc and roll it back just a little to see if it is close. But I think if you have it running and it don`t rev up or have any power I would say you have a governor issue . Could be a spring fell off the fly weights . I would check and reset the governor after checking where tdc and S mark comes on the flywheel .

You can take the cam cover off and look in and see the governor through that hole.

Back