• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 13, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis,

I do not remember that out come of the topic, but I wound up painting the inside of my tin black and the outside yellow. I can not tell if it has helped, but I had the black paint...

Dave,

I love traction......

<font size="-2">I see Art was hinting for me to post this info. I was reading from the bottom up when I got to Travis' post I had to drop down to the bottom and post the info missing Art's post.</font> I posted the center section once before several months back. Tim D. scanned this and a bunch of other stuff and sent it to me quite some time ago. I don't know where he found it.

BTW, if you can't read it let me know and I can email the full scan of the letter, it's 83KB. Or better yet I could send it to Bryan or Bob and they could post the full size image.

Bob? Bryan?

TEDD - I'm kinda in the same boat.... I have a couple cans of white primer I'd like to use up, then top coat the outside exposed areas with 483 Yellow, or semi-gloss black. Engine I'm building this weekend will be a "Working Engine" but will never run much over idle or be pulled hard since it's twice the HP of what's needed, but it will be exposed to very dusty dirty conditions. I think Your right, that in the long term scheme of things it would be hard to tell a difference.

Kraig, does it say if any 169's actually came with a factory installed hydraulic lift? Everyone I have owned had unpainted bolts in the cylinder bracket which suggests dealer installed lift. Soooo, if they didn't come with them, but could be installed, I assumed it was an option.

Travis, I don't know, (please don't quote me on that!
happy.gif
), but the letter appears to state or at least imply that the hydraulic lift should have been standard and had a factory ported hydro but the other parts were unavailable at the time the tractors were assembled. Note that it states "..some dealers received.."..."..some 169 Cub Cadets with hand lifts...". to me that implys that some had the hydraulic lifts. I sent the larger image to B&B so hope fully one of them will post it soon so it'll be easier to read, especially for KENtucky. :eek:)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on May 14, 2004)

So does this imply that the manual lift tractors are the rare ones, or the hydraulic lift tractors? <font size="-2">Or maybe the hydraulic lift tractors that were "original" (i.e. painted mounting bolts)</font>

Democracy of Two™ -- thanks , now I can put down my fresnal lens ... somebody reach over and smack Kraig, he'll be old someday (if his wife lets him)
roflol.gif

Ken-
Look at the Wanted section from yesterday, I already smacked Kraig for you!
happy.gif

<font size="-2">Just trying to help.....</font>

Art and I/ Art and Me whatever......

As Michael Keaton said once in a movie:
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

220, 221 whatever it takes.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Denny-
The inside of my shrouds are primer. I've still got the EAA mag somewhere, possibly in my "library". It seemed as though it addressed the way paint handles heat. Consensus was that any paint can reflect back heat depending on the final finish. I went round & round and decided on the old tried & true: primer gray.
happy.gif

The lift handle on my 107 has become stuck in the "float" position. The spring-loaded button is stuck in. Even if I pry up at the bottom, I cannot get the pawl to engage in the sprocket to lock the handle in any one position.

How does this handle come apart? I need to get in there and see what has happened.

Thanks.

-- Ken

Thanks Wyatt - I wasn't 100% sure if We discussed it On the Forum or in one of Our extended discussions. I think I'll use up my White primer then top coat with 483 on the vacuum engine, and black on the engine for the 72.
You got any progress pic's of the Wheatland?

Looking for help on my 682. It acts like it's only running on one cylinder after about 30 min. of mowing. Let it cool down, and I'm good for another 15 to 20 min.
I've replaced the spark plugs, coil, and plug wires.

Anybody got any ideas, please?

Kenneth -- a day or so ago an exploded view was posted

Kraig -- it's "I"

anyone ever notice heat sinks on transistors ? no paint !

Back