• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 13, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Terry, here's a photo of a QAxxB snowthrower.

18728.jpg

Please note that the owner of this 129 (with a 14hp making it a 149) has the curved upper links of the QAxxB on upside down because he prefers them this way. Or because they are easier to install this way on a 1x8/9 series.

SB, care to comment?

Tom, that "prototype pic.." is from an early Original sales datasheet.

18731.jpg

Kraig, and also that the bent links on the "B" series is to clear the grill housings on 82 series tractors.

Nate, almost the same photo, the operator is sitting in a different position. Here's the same setting but a different operator.
18736.jpg

Travis -

So, are you suggesting that, in addition to the A meaning adjustable, the B means bent?
lol.gif

Hello,
I'm new to this forum, and also a 1st time Cub
Cadet owner, A 147 Hydrostatic drive with what I think is an electric lift/lower system on the deck.I would like to know how to change the lubricant for the rearend and or the Hydrostatic drive system, where the filters are and so forth. Thanks for any help you can give to a newbie..ML

Mickey, welcome! Check out #24 in the FAQ above.

Under edit: Dang, Art beat me. :eek:(

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on May 13, 2004)

Mickey, you are correct, the 147 has an electric lift. The 147 was the only model that came standard with it.

Travis, while I did edit that post I only reposted the photo and it's text to the new page due to the archive bug, I didn't alter the text. Also the time for me to edit it had long expired before your post. :eek:)

I'm with Travis , I'm only here fer da pics too !
Articles ? What articles ?? Hey where's the staples ??
happy.gif

Charlie,
Thanks for the illustration. That's one of the projects for this weekend.

Tom H.
Plote Construction must not be one of the bigger companies in the Chicago area then? They have dumped all thier quad tracs and Cat tractors for tractors with conventional tires, very large R4 tires. They kept pulling the tracks apart. I guess pulling 2 12' scraper pans at once can do that.

I hate to say, but it seems that every other day there is one of the Quads having some work done to one of the tracks...
sad.gif

Back