• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 13, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kenneth, the top button (#1 in the drawing) should unscrew from the rod (not shown) then the rod should drop out the bottom of the lift handle (#6). I don't think you'll need to do this if the problem is with the float button (#4). I believe the float button (#4) is just a press in deal, it should come out with a good pair of pliers. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
18765.jpg

Wow thanks Kraig. I went back and found the photo from the other day also.

The top button is stuck all the way "down" on mine, so no good way to unscrew it.

I'll try pulling out the float button..

Kenneth, if it's the top button stuck down you should be able to push it back up from the bottom. It's likely that the handle is rusty inside and or the spring (#2 in the drawing) is broken or weak. Look in the area around the ratchet (#8) for the bottom of the rod it should look like an "L" that catches in the notches in the ratchet. Push it up then you should be able to unscrew the top button. Good luck.

Kenneth, you might also try spraying some PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench down inside the handle tube to loosen up the rod before you get to carried away with trying to disassemble the lift handle.

My 127 was stuck down so I hammered it back up from the bottom. Sprayed it good with WD40 (much better on ice cream than what that other guy mentioned) and it's worked fine ever since.

Thanks, Tedd

I'll give that a try, I'm at a loss.

Appreciate the suggestion

Denny-
Haven't got out to the garage much in the past week or so. Local <strike>veterenarian</strike> doctor misdiagnosed my cough that my cardiologist ended up telling me was a viral infection and built up more fluid around my heart and in my lungs, luckily he caught it before I went into a worse condition, completely sucked the energy out of me. Bought a couple engines to part out for "wheatland fund$" and started taking those apart last night now that I'm feeling better. Earlier this week when I had more energy than to just get through work I did this . . . .
18768.jpg

Put some new bearings in the transaxle and swapped the ring gear over to the fine spline carrier. I'm held up right now waiting for the right weekend to head to WI to pick up some badly needed parts, and to drop off some too. If I can get things to work out right tomorrow the frame will be on it's way to being done and I can drop that off for paint.

Norm,

Are you starving it for fuel?????

#1 fuel....#2 electrical.....#3 valve/mechanical

Kraig, appreciate the tips. I tried prying up on the bottom of the rod (L-shaped end) to no avail last night. But it was not a serious attempt. I'll get it loose tonight. My guess is that the spring broke and has now jammed inside.

Many thanks.

KENtuckyKEN - with any luck that is exactly what will happen with mine tonight.

Thanks to all who confused the 169 issue with the facts...Looked at both of them tonight..The Hyd-lift 169 has the painted bolts that Art referred to...The hand lift model has the ported Hyd-rear end,Sooo..it could've been one of the "parts to be installed at a later date" model...Which in my mind would make it ulta-rare and a highly sought after and maybe worth "one meelion dollars" or not
Any how thank you to all who responded...And a special thank you for a peek at the dealer letter.
If you could make me a copy of that and send it to me I would really appreciate it....
Is this like the age old addage "Which came first,the Hyd or the Hand lift?"....Kurt

Norm,

Had a similar problem with my 782, Start mowing and after 15-20 minutes it would almost shut down...Rebuilt the carb,replaced the fuel pump,changed the points all with no luck...Was going to replace the coil when I remembered that when changing points the local small engine shop was out of condensors....Replaced the condensor and it has run like new ever since....
Simple to overlook but made the difference..Kurt

HELP! I must put my Model 44A mower deck from my CC 129 onto my CC 124 tractor that had a 48" mower deck on it. The support clevises line up with the center frame lift arms and the spring-loaded support pins align okay, but the clevises won't quite fit inside the lift frame. I'm thinking about grinding some off the clevises to get the clearance to make the fit.
Am I trying to do something that is not going to work? WILL A 44A MOWER DECK FROM A 129 FIT A 124 TRACTOR THAT HAD A 48" DECK ON IT? What about the drive belt? Will it fit too?

Guys,
Landed this week a 123, owned by 2-85+ year old sisters, (bought for them by their father in the late 60's). Included is blade, deck, hydro lift, #1 tiller, and landscape rake. What a great day!

Here's my question. The pix I have seen of the IH rake shows stabilizer bars running frontwards to the axle housing?? THis rake doesn't have any such parts and I'm wondering if they're needed and what they might look like so I can go back and try to find them.

Gene,
John Lange who visits here on ocassion but spends most of his time on the WFM sight has a 123 with a 44" deck on it. I am not sure what was done to it to work but I do know you need to have the deck lift frame for the 44" deck in order for it to have any chance of working. I am not sure which belt you would use or if you would have belt problems since the 129 mule drive has the lower pulleys an a little bit of an angle to direct the belt to the side because of the offset center pulley on the 44/50" decks.

Bart-
They weren't shafts, they're downforce springs that attached to "L" brackets on the axle housings. You'll notice there's a 5/16 rod going through the width of the tongue of the rake, that's where they attached to, it was even possible to install two sets of springs.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Just found out that I have a bigger problem with my 782 Hydro. It quit running in the field, and I have assume it was the filter clogged up . .

I ased the neighbor to cut my field/grass for me while I was preparing to repair the Cub.

As it turned out, my linkage rod have fallen off the tractor -- that is why the hydro stopped working. To make a long story short, he ran over the linkage rod, that was how we found out about the rod.

Now what . . .

Harvey -- look on the bright side , ya got yer grass cut and yer hydro aint busted ! as for the chewed up linkage rod ... just think of the war stories you could make up about that in 20 years !
happy.gif

Wyatt -- they still haven't been able to stop you from crossing the state border ??

Back