• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 12, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, came up with something new the other day that i had been he-hawing over teh last year and decied to build it. I was finally sick and tired this spring when i go to hook up my 3 point this or that, and i am one pin short, need a pliers, oh maybe 1 little stinkin bolt, and i have to walk all the way to the shed - so i invented the "Cub Box" - its a bolt on tool box that doesnt require any drilling. This is for my 82 series tractors, and will fit on all the older and newer ones that have the same fenders - like the quietlines, 72 series, etc... Add a sticker and your ready to go....

151625.jpg

151626.jpg

151627.jpg

151628.jpg

151629.jpg

Also, got some new Xtreme Hitches done. I know there has been a little talk about them - here is a shot of the versions. Notice the 4 hole one foryou guys running the 26x12-12 tires on your machines.
151630.jpg

Aaron..looks nice
thumbsup.gif

Here's my version...finally painted it and put it back on today.

151635.jpg

and my fix for a floppy headlight bezel
151636.jpg

And speaking of tires...I put new tires on the front of the 1450 a couple weeks ago and wont ya know I have a flat already
bash.gif
probably a thorn from the creek bed

Hey Aaron,

I copied your Xtreme hitch pic over to the CCC section for further chat.

Nice tool boxes. Both of them. Great ideas.

And zoomed it right by the classifieds...
Was that for me? Why?
I was hoping to get more discussion going about this hitch on the newer models and the CCC section seemed like the right spot?
dunno.gif

Paul Bell and Luther- You guys must be reading my mind cause I was just about to post a question on creeper oil change. 122 Cub. I removed the filler (vented) cap and drain plug last night, nothing came out. With regard to refilling (1.5 pint according to the book) with oil, do I need to remove the side plug (tight!)or can I just pour the correct ammount in? Thought maybe the side plug needed to help vent to allow oil to drain. Sounds like maybe it just "ran out" of oil over the years... Thanks! Dave

ps I love getting looks from the neighbors as I cut my lawn on this old tractor. D

Jeff A.
No, it was not aimed at you.
It's kind of an inside joke amongst the old guys here.
roflol.gif

If anything gets aimed at ya, believe me, you'll know it.
biggrin.gif

David; I am not that knowledgeable on a creeper drive, but i would check where you took your bottom plug out and make sure the drain hole wasn't just stopped up with dirt or rust from going in through the vent tube. AFTER THAT I WOULD FILL AS YOU SAID. Just my 02 cents.

Latest posts

Back