• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 08, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, the hydro linkage on the QL tractors leaves a lot to be desired, especially the early ones without the ball end linkages. IH made a HUGE improvement when they went to the 82 series. The xx8/9 had a nice linkage, no slop, nice and tight....then they hit the QL's and tried the offset slot....not the best version, slop, "soft" neutral position, inconsistent pedal return to N...too many links in the linkage = too much slop........the 82 series corrected it's short falls.

Too bad IH didn't look at a John Deere 140 to see how a neutral adjustment should be built.

is there a part name for this rod & metal flap for the hydro?
83784.jpg

Actuator, Dump Valve. #703-0310 $9.29
Rod is NLA Good morning, All!
coffee.gif

Steve,

I'm not even a cub "expert" and I could tell right off that this system left alot to be desired. Too much "banjo work" as my dad says.

Richard,

I have made a similar statement before. I used to have a JD 140. I never touched the hydro and it was always buttery smooth.

Kevin; I like about 13 volts with all lights on.
Be sure it is cutting off when it should to keep from boiling battery acid out.
Jim I think you need adjustment somewhere. I havent had this problem (knock on wood) with my 127s 147 or 169. Just my 2c.
Luther

Found A 122 yesterday with a promise of getting it later. The guy bought it new. Has fenders, lights,Hubcaps. Has had 1 sparkplug, 2 air filters, A few batteries, 1 headlight, 1 new seat since new. Has never been wet except when washed. That is what I call Dependability.
Luther

Michael Miller -

Nice 1000. I have an 800, and also had to get the flexible QL 3 pin driver when going thru the clutch. Get out your wallet on that part. You may want to check the driveshaft for wear, and the throwout arm. Your tractor looks really nice, though, and certainly deserves the parts!

Hello all. I'm new to this forum and new to owning a Cub Cadet. I just picked up a 1968 125. It came with a plow only. I am trying to find a mower deck for it. I need some help though. I don't know what deck would fit on the 125 and also what else do I need to run it. I'm not sure what a mule drive is but I believe I need one of those as well. I don't see how you change the pully direction in order for the belts to drive the mower deck. Any information you guys could give me would be a great help. I'm in the NY/Long Island area.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back