• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 05, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty G.
I ain't gettin in on this mess!
biggrin.gif

Dennis F.,
Thank you for your expert clarification & explanation.
thumbsup.gif

I had thought that larger, heavier piece that bolts onto the head studs and extends further out and the muffler bolts to was to protect the hood from excessive muffler heat...but it sounds like that isn't the case.
dunno.gif

Depending on the amount of usage and conditions, for me that's probably every three hours or so of operation, I use compressed air to blow off/out the engine area of any dust/grass/tree fuzz/etc. as a preventative measure to prevent such "nests" (as Wayne found in his) from developing in and around the engine and hydro pump area. I also blow out/off the top of the mowing deck, as I have noticed cutting debris & leaves can & will build up and mess with the deck belts & pulleys if left to build up on there.

Thanks again,
Ryan Wilke
coffee.gif

New member here! I have managed to get my fathers original 1650 running and mowing after much labor. New engine mounts, carb, tires, blades, etc.

It also has the optional peco vac which is all is working order now.

44" deck.

I have the deck level within 1/8 inch when lowered but the deck will not raise on both sides equally. The right hand side of the deck raises much more than the left hand side (if at all on left hand side). What should I check first?

Anyone around the Dallas/Fort Worth area that is good with cub cadets?

David - Welcome to the place to be.
Check for wear on the deck hangers and their pins.

Marty - Whatcha talkin bout ?

Marty, where'd you get a picture of Kentucky and who's this Euclid guy your talking about.

coffee.gif

Marty, I don't know for sure, but it has been posted here before, do a search in the vault..

If Kraig is in a good mood, (he always is) he'll post some drawings....
thumbsup.gif

David, welcome!!
I'd also check to see if your rockshaft rollpin is wallowed out, causing inconsistent lift.

David Walker
Scott is correct I think. here is a picture of a 1650 rock shaft and there is a roll pin at each end of the shaft and that must be your problem.
189800.png

Ryan-

The nest I had in the 109 had been carried there piece by piece. I bought this tractor from the original owner and it had been sitting in the enclosed shed for three years unused. The nest should have been the first thing I looked for when I got her home but I was anxious to hear her run. As soon as it ran for a minute or two I had fabric fuzz, string, etc coming out of the engine and I knew exactly what it was. As far as the shield is concerned, it serves a couple of purposes. It's heavy because it is a bracket for a vibrating muffler and it may be there to protect the hood some as well from the heat. I would also guess it has a little to do with air flow. I've seen several grills on 1xs that are cooked being so close to the muffler but I've also seen a few that were in good shape and original as well. I blow my tractors off too, especially after a dry mow. The pollen was terrible this year and I had to blow things off left and right. There is even a static electricity thing going on with the steering wheel and pollen on my 1250. It just collects it from the air and remains coated but will blow right off after the mowing.

Denny, back when I still owned the Turbo Capri, I once saw the entire exhaust manifold glowing red. It was right after a rather spirited bit of driving.
Shift.gif
buttrock.gif

Marty, seeing as Scott spoke so nicely of me:

189804.jpg

CHARLIE - Are You NORTH or SOUTH of the Arctic Circle?
lol.gif

Marty, I believe that drawing was based off of this style sleeve hitch adapter:

189806.jpg

And just in case you need this info:

189807.jpg

189808.jpg

KRAIG - You don't need a turbo to get exh. manifolds red hot but it Helps!
Shift.gif

Years ago I took off from the Quad-Cities on the Maiden trip to Des Moines on I-80 with my old IHC semi-tractor. Truck had a 478 CID V-8 IH truck engine, (Think that was the displacement, both Ford & IH made V-8 truck engines about that size, I think Ford's were 475 & 477, same engine but different carb & governors) Engine had a real tiny Holley 2-bbl carb fed with a 1/4" dia fuel line.... I was shocked that tiny carb could feed that monster and flow enough gas to make 3 MPG @ 60+ MPH! I had to make a "Pit Stop" out west of Iowa City, it was getting late, very dark out. While walking back around the right side of the truck I noticed the WHOLE exh. manifold still glowing red hot even after idling for a couple minutes. Not just red spots by the exh. ports of the head but the whole manifold.

Gas engines seem to be the most prone to glowing exh. manifolds. Exh. gas temps are a big problem with turbo diesel engines but they don't seem to heat the manifolds as much.

Ohhhh, I also have faith your Turbo Capri WILL run again!

Kraig which is the prefered bar the slotted one or the three hole bar

Denny, I seem to recall that I made Wyatt promise that he'd let me drive it once he had it up and running again.
happy.gif
It was after I saw a photo in a book I have on the Lotus Turbo Esprit of the glowing red exhaust manifold, that I checked on the Capri's. Sure enough it glowed too.
happy.gif
I don't think I've ever seen any of my Cubs exhaust elbows glow red, I hope I never do.

Charlie, got snow yet? No snow here but I'm going to have to mow the lawn again, and soon. Friday I'll be headed up to the cabin to cut some logs to peel for more interior details. I hope it doesn't snow up there.

Jeff, slotted for plowing as you want the plow to be able to float some. Use the 3-hole non-slotted when using a grader blade or box blade as you want some down pressure.

Charlie lives pretty far North, he can see Russia from his front porch.
war.gif

I hate to be the one to try and bring this joint back on topic but how much does new K301 cranks sell for now ? I'm thinking about rebuilding either the 122 or 129 engine this summer.

Richard C.,
lol.gif

Steve B., yep, that's what the Capri's exhaust looked like.

Paul A., you might be able to find a generic version of Slip-Plate. Look for "graphite paint". The brush on versions are better than the spray can version as the brush on stuff has a higher graphite content. The spray stuff is good for quick touch ups. I use it on my plow after using it to keep it from rusting and to make it slippery for the next plowing. Here's what I use:

189814.jpg

189815.jpg

Back