• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 05, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve B. -- Now that bad boy, 427 SOHC didn't need no stinkin' turbo, ay?
beerchug.gif

-- Even with its 6feet long timing chain!
Ryan Wilke

Kraig - Thanks but no thanks. I put 3 very important letters in there that you subed for 4 letters.
fence.gif

Ken,,, ouch! At that rake you might as well get a short block!

Piston kit
Crank kit
Rod
--------
$594.50 via MTD

I'm gonna pull a Fred Sanford !
I'm comin to join you Elizabeth with a badly worn crank in my hand ...

QL 1450 PTO Oil leak...

Well, looks like everyone was right on about the breather causing an over pressure situation leading to oil blowing out the crank seal, pto side. I couldn't even *see* the breather cover due to all the caked on oil/dirt. I got it off and found the follwing as shown in the pics. When I first pulled the cover loose about a 1/4 cup of oil poured out.

Does the back piece (last pic) come off as well? It looks like it does on the parts sheet, but mine is stuck...

My big issue right now is that the breather cover is dented in where the PO cranked down on the nut that holds ti all together. I imagine that if this didn't warp it, me trying to bang it back out will. Any suggestions on where to get a replacement breather cover? My local IH dealer doesn't have them.

Thanks,

-Calvin

189825.jpg

189826.jpg

189827.jpg

189828.jpg

I've been invaded! Don T.: HELP!!
I suppose it's better than snow. A green loader will be here before the weekend's over.
189831.jpg

Are all my Cubs' rear wheels mounted backwards??
189832.jpg

189833.jpg
smile.gif

Calvin, I might have a used breather cover that I can send you. I'll check tonight when I get home. Hmmm, though I might have sent that to Don T. some time ago, I know I sent him some breather parts.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Latest posts

Back