• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 04, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
Wayne: Valve spring compressor like this works for me:
189723.jpg

Calvin: I'm pretty sure there's just 4 bolts that hold that electric PTO clutch. It's keyed to the shaft and should slide right off.
biggrin.gif

Calvin - Bolt-on

Donald - Matt said hood latches are different

Well trying to pull up a stump with the 18/2082 and the boom ... I broke my 1/4" chain !

Running fer shade , it's HOT !

Calvin, KENtuk, +1 on the super clean.. i don't buy anything else..
Before:

189731.jpg

and AFTER:
189732.jpg

Jeff B, I was wrong last week, I have a 1A tiller. I checked the manual and it is pretty much the same. 7 inches total travel. Just seemed not to till as deep this year. I did read some stuff in the sandbox regarding tillers/tines and got some ideas. In the manual they recommend you use the upper holes. I kind of thought the lower ones would let it dig a little deeper, but what do I know. Thanks, Nick

Scott - Since the EPA has halted all the "good stuff" for the home shop , SC is the best I've found. I intend to use it in my parts cleaner tank and heat it but first I've got to finish using my $160 worth of ten gallons of parts cleaner.

Frank - That's an awful weak looking C-clamp ya got there. I don't think it would last long out in the welding shop
bouncy.gif
and that's where I'm headed
bubbly.gif

Last time I bought carb cleaner I found out about the epa and no more "good stuff" Bet they had a college education, not that I think screwin stuff up follows a good education or anything.
happy.gif

I keep a gallon can of carb cleaner in the shop fridge ... it's less fattening than Pepsi<font size="-2"><sup>®</sup></font>

Calvin,
Three years ago I replaced the electric PTO on my 782. I think the procedure is similiar for the 1450. As I did I took notes and photos. I never got the photos into the document I wrote, but this may help anyway.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_pdf.gif
82 series PTO removal
Replacing PTO Clutch on a 82 Series.pdf (15.8 k)</td></tr></table></center>

I have a lot of play with the lift handle on my 169. do I need to replace the hydraulic lift handle? the bar rotates about 1/2-1 inch before it moves? does/can the whole that the key goes into get worn or is there something else I'm missing/

Here's a front view of a Magnum 18 with muffler and PTO removed.
It shows the oil line routing that someone was looking for a few days ago.

189738.jpg

Does anyone have the dimensions for the Brinly sleeve hitch attachment? I'm talking about the horse shoe shaped bracket that the implements hook to.
help.gif

Thanks

I'm new to the forum, but a long-time IH owner...Farmall Cubs. I was recently given a Cub Cadet 1650 that was sitting for a few years. I changed the fluids and filter, replaced a missing fuse holder, cleaned the carb, and she starts like a champ and runs good, idles nicely. The problem? (I did search prior to posting, but didn't find anything like this problem).

When I climb a hill or cut thicker grass, the motor will start stumbling badly, it bucks like crazy. Even if I stop driving and turn off the mower deck, it continues to stumble. If I then throttle down to idle, it idles fine. If I apply full throttle again, it will speed up smoothly (Until I apply a load, and then it stumbles again). The spark is nice and blue and snappy, the plug is a nice color.

What am I missing? Other than that, I really like the tractor. Thanks in advance for any tips. Hal in CT.
189741.jpg

Hal Kolding,
Welcome to the site!
groupwave.gif

Are you sure the carb is adjusted correctly? You may want to invest about 12 bucks in a carb rebuild kit too. I'm no pro, but with nothing going and the problem still happening, i'd put my money on the carb, or possibly the governor.

Hal, have the same problem with my 147. I haven't figured it out yet either, but was told it is either the governer is adjusted incorrectly (too sensitive); incorrect timing; carb not adjusted properly; carb dirty; fuel blockage; points pitted; and a few other things I forgot. Well, I hope you figure yours out, and if you do please let us know what it was.

Hal - I answered that question the first time you asked, did ya see my answer ??

I had the same thing happening once and it was that the points had slipped and closed almost shut. Have you checked the gap on yours ?

Nick H I dont know what to say my tiller was on my 1200 last year and now on the 149 this year and it tills deep on both tractors
dunno.gif

Jeff -
Nick -

You guys keep talking about holes but have you checked your top link ? That'll make a difference too between what you guys are getting if they are different. Length of rod out the casting / length of straps ??
Digger said the Forum was FREE so there's ya a couple FREE ideas
biggrin.gif

How the crap a tiller mount up anyway , Charlie wont bring me one ...

Gotta go look @ some pics ...
bubbly.gif

Latest posts

Back