• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 03, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brhodes

displayname
Bill Rhodes
No post for 20 hours. Just a test to see if Harry broke it.

1a_scratchhead.gif

the 42 is almost ready for some paint....thanks again to Kraig for the guide wheel brackets

296315.jpg

4 blade update from Friday May 1st. I brought the 1450 into the garage, dropped the deck, flipped it over and scrapped the bottom! Install all 3 of the new 4 blade contraptions I made. Re-installed deck and tested it out. Deck does not vibrate at all, appears to startup and stop regularly and did not lag the engine (Note I have a fresh rebuilt .010/.010" 16hp K341 in that 1450 frame) Anyway the cut quality is superb, it throws the clippings further than before and they are much finer. They settle into the grass now instead of laying on top which was the issue. I spent a total of 60 dollars for 6 new Rotary brand blades at the surplus store, and to repay the welder I got seat time on my other 1450 tilling his Garden. After the other posts regarding the 4 blade swinging systems, I checked with MEGMO. I got an e-mail that said the blades would cost 209.85 plus shipping.

Mike Conway-Looking good. I know from first hand experience how much time and effort you got into that project BTDT. I know others like slip plate on the bottom of the deck, but I prefer POR15. Rock hard stuff that adheres to rusty but clean surfaces really well.

Charlie-Yeah that new price is kinda hard to justify. I did experience the MegMo's on a off Brand wanna be a Cub tractor that was built in 2010, and I gotta say they really throw the clippings! However that machine already had a much faster spindle speed than our Cub's do.

Ewan, Welcome to the forum. That is a nice machine you have. wheel weights, lites, and rear lift.
nice score

We have a manual section at the bottom, ask questions if you need to

Ewan - welcome to the forum... I think you'll find that we know all of the IHC Cubs, including the 70 ... (LOL). For starters, check out the Topics list, you'll note two topics, "Manuals" and "Wiring Diagrams" which should keep you busy for a while.. Also click on the FAQS link and from there the link to more FAQs on Charlie's Cubfaq page.

Looks like you may have already been into restoring, from the other pictures on your provided link - very nice!

Jeff types faster, and I was also imbibing in a nice frosty G&T ....

Ewan Smith - Ouyee Mate, welcome to the best IH Cub Cadet Forum on the internet. The Model 70 you've got there is a real Classic machine - well actually antique over here since it's 50+ years old. Fenders and Headlights are 2 highly sought after options. You have at least one other Mate over there that occasionally posts on here. Can't quite remember if he had a model 100 or what's known as an "Original". In case you're not aware the very first Cub Cadet model built 1961-63 didn't have a model designation - it was just called a Cub Cadet at the time and is now commonlly refered to as an "O" or "Original". You've certainly come to the right place if you're looking for advice and where you can locate various new and used replacement parts. Nice having you with us.

You'll have to get used to some of our accents, slang, abbreviations, etc. Ever-one on here has what's known as "Yellr 'n White Fever" - no known cure but usually subsides upon purchasing another Cub Cadet, highly sought after option, going to a tractor show or parade, and a few other things.
I spent a couple years over there on your isle. Here's a Pint for ya.
beerchug.gif

Mike C - is that the same deck??? Everything looks straight and in really good condition now. It's gonna look brand new when you're done. You're gonna have to spring a couple bucks for decals so no one will know it ain't new (well cept us and the lurkers, and 1/2million other internet viewers).

Help someone. Would anyone happen to know what the length of the mowing deck belt is for the following:
The mowing deck ID # 421U111. It is on a Cub Cadet 1450. I know it is a 1/2 inch"A" belt, but I can not find how long it is? If somebody could help please email me. I would really appreciate it.

JW

[email protected]

Thanks guys for the support, seems I have come to the right place, lucky for me it came with all of the original manuals, parts catalogue, three point hitch manual and brochures, it also came with the license plates, (in the uk we have to have number plates on tractors
sad.gif
) can anyone tell me anything about this hitch, a few guys here in the UK tell me it's rare, I know it was an attachment made by CC because it is in the brochure that came with it but I was wondering if somebody made the arms and the sleeve part, many thanks Ewan
http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/c-121uk/media/B5E9F0B1-0A4A-4ACA-A07F-198AB0F33C14_zps1gcw6shp.jpg.html]
url]
[/URL]

Ewan,
That is a good find....even State side. I've seen some some tractors over seas that end up very altered because of the lack of parts. That 70 looks very original.
Welcome!....and You ARE in the right place for information and support....even if there are some disagreements in here at times.
beerchug.gif

thanx for all the replies. rob the deck will be por15'd before topcoat. not a full resto so no decals harry, at least for now...

Ewan, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

Nice 70! Congrats on finding it.
greenthumb.gif

Mike C., looking good!
happy.gif

Ewan, does this excerpt from a brochure match the brochure you have?

296317.jpg

Here's a couple of Ewan's photos of his rear hitch setup:

296319.jpg

296320.jpg

Ewan, there used to be a forum member from Sussex that last logged in back in 2010. His name was Robin Howe. Robin had a Cub Cadet 100 and is also the source of the brochure that I posted the excerpt from. I seem to recall there was at least one other forum member from the UK.

Latest posts

Back