• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 03, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Kraig, yes that is from the brochure I have, I am just wondering if the arms on the hitch part have been made by somebody over the years or whether they were made by CC, does anybody know, thanks guys.

Ewan, that looks like a factory piece to me, but who knows it could just be a very well done home made piece. The other forum member from the UK that I was trying to remember is John Sergeant. Also, this might be of interest to you:

Cub owners in the UK

Thanks Kraig, yes it was interesting to see somebody else from the UK with one and from the link to his thread it even has he same wheel weights as the one I have just bought, interesting considering they aren't the same wheel weights that CC made which feature in the brochures and manuals, maybe they were added in the UK when imported.

Looks like Auto Culto is the Brinly Hardy of the UK/Europe.

I have no doubt that the hitch is factory when it is compared to the brochure photo.

I would bet a search for Auto Culto implements would yield a catalog similar to Brinlys as well. (actually, it looks like they made equipment similar to the David Bradley walk behinds).

Nice find and good luck restoring her!

Thanks Steve, I will check that out, we know that the lift is factory because of the brochure p, it's just the piece attached to the CC hitch piece that we are not sure about, it will be good once I can start restoring it but it's going to take some work, it's rusted through in places and the engine block is incredibly rusty but on the plus side it does run!
happy.gif

so did you get a bunch before they went nla ?

Ya know,
I just don't get CC. These parts they are making NLA.........We know they are making some money off the stuff with their ridiculous part markup. I priced an ignition switch for a diesel, through CC is was $60. Through Kubota, same switch, $29. And they gotta be selling these parts they are making NLA. Lots of guys/gals into playing with the old cubs. Makes ya wonder if they are really trying to make the older cubs obsolete so we buy the new junk? We all know that won't happen. Thanks to Charlie, Aaron, and others, these NLA parts are still available or being remade.
1AA_dance2.gif

Ok, off my soapbox..............
happy.gif

Josh - parts business isn't like any other business. I know companies that charge 5x some 10x and even some charge 100x cost. I don't know how CC decides to make parts NLA. You would think when they do it would be for all the parts not common to the next model or something similar. Lets be glad they are not likely charging 100x cost. And it's also known that they sometimes make NLA parts available again. I've never seen or heard of that being done before at any other business

Latest posts

Back