• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 31, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
Frank,

Looks like you got hit pretty hard the last couple of days I still see white. Fernando must be Felicia as she is a hydro...a 149?

I will be up there again this year with a new toy,it is not yellow and white though...

Bill J, I found your thoughts and opinions about the subject useful. I was heavily in favor {still am} of the International Cub Cadet direct drive system being at the advantage over a garden tractor drive belt system. I had an ol' off-topic belt drive SS-12 that was quite a champ. But, I'm very glad to have had graduated up to an International Cub Cadet.

Steve made a comment about corn binders being belt drive. Clearly, the belt has a proper place, and I think about that when I look under the hood of my '10 Ford Fusion Sport,....just one belt,= more hp., so I'm told! But, I doubt we'll ever see any belt drive stock cars, or the super sport motorbikes, or the king of garden tractor pulling,.... the International Cub Cadet!

I understand there are some impressive IH Cub Cadet pullers that run the belt, and I don't mean to take from those guys, or the belt drive off topic garden tractors. Was only asking about a particular International Cub Cadet drive system.

Well, I enjoy reading more than I do writing, so I'm going to go back to doing that. Thanks!

John C. Lazar
AH Harley Davidson has been running belts in there final drive and primary for years . Just saying lol.

Don.
roflol.gif

That's great frank you don't even have to unload them. I'll be over on weekend to pick them up.
err.gif
, btw were are your pictures.lol

No pics of the 100 + cart, yet. Barely got them under cover before the last @#!$^%&* snow started. They were fixed up to show, and I first saw them at the Presque Isle Fairgrounds last year. Things happen.
happy.gif
happy.gif

David S - looks great and heavy duty!

I like that QL you've got and see dual hydro levers - nice!

What happened to that left fender?

I see a lot of bent fenders on the IH's. My 109's fender is crinkled a bit, the 126 has a few non-factory bends that I think I can straighten out. My 1650's fenders look good and I think I'm going to put on the shelf a pretty straight fender (I call them fenders, maybe it's a seat pan...) from my parts 1250. One of these days, if I get my hands on a 1200, it might need it or if I smash the 1650 into the side of my Wife's minivan, I would want to make the repair on the Cub...
thumbsup_old.gif

David,

Very nice! I can see where the sleeve hitch concept would be easier to handle, especially against fences, foundations, and spaces where a trailing piece would be difficult handle.

All:

I can see the utility of the sleeve hitch. How does one keep the implement from swinging to one side or the other when in the raised position? I understand that the three-point takes care of this. I know I am not the smartest kid on the short bus, but I am not quite sure how the sleeve hitch works, other than it allows for pulling of implements farther away from the frame.

Brian, You tighten the two bolts onto the plate after you pin implement on.

285051.jpg

285052.jpg

Bill, it was that way when I got it. I think they may have had a run-in with some loose or busted tire chains!! OUCH!!! for sure.

This is one of the multiple tractors that Denny Tiernan had in Cedar Rapids late last summer. It looks like a POS I know but once I got her back up on her feet and running, and then got all the seized up hydraulic controls working it has turned out to be a pretty darn good unit.

I have the fenders off a 1000 that were all butchered in the battery comp't yet and the rear of those fenders are in pretty good shape south of the butchered part. I'm gonna try and cut the a$$ end off the 1450 and replace the damaged section.

I am very pleased with the dethatcher and the way it performs. Really a great feeling to come up with an idea, see it through to fruition and have it do a good job. I am considering making a few of these for sale. I don't see why one could not come up with some other uses for it such as scarifier teeth, harrow/cultivator teeth, disc blades, rear blades, small subsoiler ETC and such that could easily be attatched to it.

The only limitation I could forsee is enough weight to provide good traction as in any other Cub use other than mowing etc.
Glad you guys like it and no, I doubt iof I will be trying out any of these ideas on the tractor I won the other day!!!

David S - another variant of what you've got with the dethatcher IMHO would be a sleeve mounted aerator. I like the idea of being able to pick it up over sidewalks or when turning out on the street or driveway.

David,
I have a genuine Brinley made dethatcher. Sleeve Hitch and all. Plan on putting it one my 782 to do my yard with as soon as I am able. Nice looking implement you have there. Jim

Bill, You must have a crystal ball. That's in the works here at my place, has been for about 2 weeks! Just waiting to find a good deal on a 36" piece of pipe. Man, THAT stuff is ex$penSive!!!
I have all the teeth cut and most of the framework built already.

I'll second that
coffee.gif

It's finally above freezing here. Need to start working on the 149 again...

David S.

Just buy a good fender deck, they aren't that expensive used.......not worth all of the hacking and effort to repair IMHO..... YMMV, Etc.

After a high temp near 60°F yesterday, over night the temps dropped into the low 20s and it's snowing out.
bash.gif
at least I don't live in North West Minnesota, they got 18" of snow last night. I wonder how much Charlie will be returning home to?

All of my tractors with fender decks have a slight bend in the left fender. Thought may be that's how they came out of the press.

David Schwandt, I really like your idea there!

While aerating and reseeding a friends lawn last spring I was thinking of how to mount my dethatcher, aerator, and seeder onto my sleeve hitch. I'll now add these thoughts-ideas onto the end of my project list.

I need to finish the 149 loader Cub first-my dad is impatiently awaiting it. Plus I'm getting another 1250 in the next week or so from a fellow member here! Gotta love the extra cushioned seat!

285099.jpg

David s,
My 149 was just as bad as your set of fenders- a local tractor bonyard only wanted $28 for a nice pan. I spaced my wheels out 5/8" to hopefully let the chains have some breathing room.

Back