• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 27, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Jeff-
Reggie was out of town on a business trip. He said he'd get us some numbers when he had a chance to get home and back out in the garage.

"Down boy"...
rofl.gif

I have a nice 125 and I didn't have to pay anywhere near that. I went on CL to see that tractor and there is one that looks just like that one, except for the seat and the worn out rear tires and different mower deck.

Melody - but the one Charlie got is still "new". It was basically only used a once or a few times at most - almost as if it was being demonstrated - so it's basically still new. I can't call it used. And as I said before, it's only new "once". After that it's restored at best. I sorta think you won't find another new one.

The 125: even has some of the new seat plastic hanging underneath ! NO battery acid stains!

Terry Davis: I can remove the cam from an early Kohler and take a picture of the cam and point lobe. if I remember right the largest part of the point lobe should be facing the point push rod. When timming marks on the cam and crank are lined up the piston is at top dead center at the end of the exhaust stroke.

Charlie - geez, I guess I misunderstood. I thought you already got it and you were making Kraig droooooooooooooooooooooooool all over his computer.

And by the way, how is it you just happen to have a pristine condition Serial Number tag for an early 169 laying on your desk?

Edward H (for "Hot Rod") Lincoln - hey the weather's final turning pretty decent around here. I'm gonna have to get down to your place and have a look see at that collection you have, especially your recent restoration, and that unit you're keeping on loan or was it for a loan.

Edward - appreciate you getting back and I think I have it figured out. The points lobe has a mark on it that I believe lines up with the timing mark on the cam. You were correct in that there really is a right and wrong way to put it on. The "broken wire" as it turns out isn't broken at all. The two springs ride on the points lobe which made sense once I tried putting the lobe back on. Plus, I could see faint marks where the springs brush against the cam weights. Thanks much for all your help and just hopefully I learned a thing or two along the way.

Thanks for the add, Charlie. I'm new here. My IH family is made up of a 122 and a 1969 127. Not sure the year of my 122. I haven't found a serial tag on it yet. I'm wondering if anyone has fabricated a rear lift lever for a narrow frame and might have pics? I'm trying to hold off and buy one at Portland in may, but I'm wanting to put a garden in with the 122. Thanks!
256070.jpg

Follow up on the amp brackets discussed a few days ago. Aaron at Extreme is in the process of making some. Just FYI.

Harry B.
It was on my first 169 that I drove to Kansas to get, LOL
Hour meter showed something like 53 hours.
256072.jpg

256073.jpg

And yes I still have it.

Did you get pulled over at the state line for an improperly plated trailer?

Bill J.
Minnesota could care less where the plate is on small trailers. There's a sticker on the tongue is all they are concerned with, LOL

thunks to cHarlii postymg htat 125 mi chebord nO lungr wrx prup[lre doo 2 ull hte dwrewl.
icon_eek.gif

Not really sure why it has the later model cub decal on the hood, that's the way I got it. Was going to change it but its kinda different and I like it that way. I was told the guy that the po got it from was making a puller and lost interest. It came with a deck in awesome condition, spare k301 that runs, spare headlight kit, 3 sets of tires and wheels and a ton of other spare parts. Runs perfect, I'm pretty pleased with it!! I'm a narrow frame guy myself

Brandon, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif
Looks like your "122" has the hood and grill from a 1x6/7 series the seat from a 102 and the dash from a 73. Is that a tail lamp mounted to the top of the fender? Looks like the battery box has been cut to accept a full size battery. Is the hood brace intact?

Keyboard is dried out now.
happy.gif

Hood brace is gone, I thought the same about the hood when I saw the ad, but it is not raised in the center like my 127. Taillights are mounted up there yes. I have wondered about the dash also, I did get a spare with the tractor, it's yellow, probably the one that should be on there. May have to swap it out

Back