• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 27, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmcshane

displayname
Ryan McShane
Rick-If you have an addiction, then what do I have??
happy.gif

Rick-

You'll need to post the pics again...looks like the archive bug had a snack.

DAN B - re plastic convoluted conduit over wire harness'. Yes, I would run the wires in it, And like DON T says, either wrap the ends with electrical tape or large heat-shrink tubing. I'd also zip-tie it in place once you have things back together. I'd use the smallest diameter conduit that the wires would fit in too, 3/8", not over 1/2". There's not many wires in a CC harness until you get into the newer model tractors.

Ryan,

It's more like what you don't have.
A wife that keeps tally on the herd.

(but you do have too many 169's and I can help you there!)

This just in from Mick Morgan:

237107.jpg

237108.jpg

Mick, care to fill in the details?

Looks like somebody didn't want to mess with flat front tires anymore!

If your wife wants to know how many Cub Cadets you have, be sure you ask her how many she counted before you reply......
icon_rolleyes.gif

122 picked up at a machinery sale, Tractor had a creeper and spring assist, $135 for tractor, snowblower is a QA 36 needs some repair, not bad $50 for it, The front wheels are becauce it came from over in Amish country!! pretty cool huh!!
1a_scratchhead.gif

I've been messing with my new 125 with loader. Looks like I have some work ahead of me, but nothing too major. Anyone happen to have a manual for a kwik way loader for a narrow frame?
thanks,
Mike

Rick-Thats true, there is no wife. Theres a pair called the parents who occasionally look at me, shaking their heads in disgust when I drag home another Cub. It usually gets them pretty wound up.

Thanks Charlie for your great service , my parts arrived today. Now the 125 can run again , i`ll get at it in the am.
thumbsup_old.gif

50A deck eating belts - anyone know why?

I have a 50A rotary mower on my 1450. The first (new) deck beck (not PTO) lasted a single season and broke the last mow of 2010.

A 2nd belt (brand new that season) lasted for 2011 season, which was several fewer mows than 2010.

Does anyone know why these belts are failing so quickly?

Then grass was somewhat thick on the 2nd failure - but nothing I would think that was too bad - and I was creeping with the deck at almost max height.

Also, I did verify with the manual that on both occasions the belt was routed correctly.

Thanks,

Calvin

Calvin,

It's likely that the tensioner spring is weak and or the pivot is rusted/sticking causing the belt to slip and run hot. The tensioner spring bolt/arm/spring assembly is one area of these decks that is easily overlooked, yet causes problems.

Paul bell, With all the information you have shared over the years your last statement may hold the most wisdom I have ever heard in my life.
happy.gif

Paul B and Dave R - agreed on Paul's best ever comment.
beerchug.gif

Mick M and Kraig - YIKES!!!!!!
1a_scratchhead.gif

Steel or Cast front wheels and a snow thrower? Looks to me like an accident waiting to happen. Don't know how you could stear on snow.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (and I now think I've seen everything)

Calvin L - I agree with Steve "Mr. Plow", but to expound a little, I think it's possible your idler pulley bearing may have failed and although it may seem to rotate or be ok when you spin it manually by hand with the belt removed, when the belt is on it and PTO engaged it may be just stuck against the mounting arm causing the belt to just be pulled across it and not rotating the pulley. You could remove the whole idler pulley assembly and inspect closer, especially the pulley mount on the arm. Another possibility is to view the deck in operation with the belt cover removed BUT THIS IS VERY DANDEROUS and you must be extremely careful and cautious, and I recommend wearing eye cover protection if you even attempt this at all, and if you do then stay well clear of the discharge side of the deck, and don't touch any part of the deck, and keep toes well clear, and don't wear any loose fit clothing, etc. By viewing it operating you may see something not operating correctly. Another thing to look for (and I don't recall which deck is which) is whether you have the correct spring for the idler pulley arm. I believe there is one version that fits thru a hole in the arm and another version that is held on the arm with a nut. If you have the version with the hole in the arm the spring end may be touching the deck belt cover (when installed) and not allowing the spring to flex and operate. Please be very careful with all your checkin methods. Decks in operation are extremely dangerous.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die

OKAY, i surrender. HOW does one with a sane mind and lacking the ability to curse remove the Drive Hub Pin from the driveshaft? Someone PLEASE enlighten this insane foul mouthed fool before I bend the @#$@ driveshaft!

WHEW, that felt good to yell out loud, danWI

Dan B - in a word "carefully".

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (but their pins get stuck sometimes)

Back