• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 26, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do see that now and thanks Paul. Maybe the old 102 and 70 frame??? Wish I didn't want this 71 so bad..Lol

Bob,
the dash tower from a 102 will not fit on the 70 frame.
I am sure you will find one,patients. ...

Bob,
Keep your eyes peeled. You'll find one. For me, the best part is the chase. I once bought a #2 cart in New Jersey and got it out to Iowa. Look around and try to work out a Cub Express of some sort. Or Fastenal ships bigger stuff if ya have one close by to you. Good luck!

Can someone tell me the diameter of the steering wheel that came on the 100's? I picked one up a while back and when I put all the parts together, the hood hits the steering wheel....Its either the wrong steering wheel or the wrong hood...but I think the hood looks like its right... just trying to determine..

Thanks josh and I am enjoying the chase. Meet a lot of friends along the way!

Jason S.

In many cases the front grill housing gets pushed back and tweaks the frame rails. This causes the hood to hit the wheel. Usually fixed with BFH to frame.

Jason S,
Steve B is correct about the frame tweak. The clearance was very tight on the 70/100's to begin with. On my 70/100's I place a fender washer between the frame and the grill casting at the back bolt hole (only the back one). This tips the grill forward just a touch and adds some clearance to get the hood down.

Jason S.
Both styles are 13".
295361.jpg

295362.jpg

Latest posts

Back