• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 26, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on everybody...I didn't say anything bad about hex nuts.
a---allalone.gif

<font color="119911">All aboard, lets get this train running again</font>

After all of this head stud conversation, I'm glad all of the Kohlers I run are Mag Twins!!!!!!

(And that the studs on the Kubota hold the turbo on!!!!)
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

STEVE - I don't know why assembling a K-series Kohler head is so difficult either. What I normally do in a half hour has been topic of discussion all week! And when I install a head I chase all threads, chamfer bolt holes, check both head & block for flatness and torque all the bolts/nuts in 4 stages.

As Shakespeare said, "Much ado about nothing..."

Dennis,
Dave Schwandt dove head first into Cub Cadets just a couple years ago, and is doing a bang-up job bringing some back to life that many would not touch. He does not have a 40 year history working on them and is asking straight forward questions looking for help.
So, "there's no dumb question" applies here.
The guy is frustrated and trying his butt off to get it right. I lack his patience, it is admirable.
Seems no one else has any tough mega technical problem for you to critique....so what...and whoopdeedoo.

Ya, my vote is to help Dave S get it correct. And I've sure been trying. Com'on Dave - I think it's time for more pics of how this is working out. When this is all done we can get into all the nut heads and studs on here.
biggrin.gif

Needing some insight on front wheel spindles for my original....the bushings are worn and the spindle is worn as well. Im curious as to what would be the easiest fix for this..and also is there a way or has anyone ever replaced the bushings with ball bearings? I really dont want to spend $ on NOS spindles.

I'm still wondering about the tiller with counter rotating tines. Did I miss the answer?
lurking.gif

There were some comments a while back...I think the final conclusion was that the origional owner put it together backwards. <font size="-2">(If I'm wrong this will get others to talk)</font>

I went back and don't think we got a defintive answer

Jerry, Allen and Jeff - without looking back, are there studs and jam nuts used on that tiller?
bottom.gif

David - you're doing a great job resurrecting that 126..
Dennis - maybe you've never had to deal with a WTF machine that somebody else has had their hand in first. Even my 129, that was a single owner for 9 years had a couple of them (like when it took me a year to figure out why the deck was striping - center blade too low, until I finally saw that the spindle assembly was bolted on with half the bearing retainer on the bottom, rather than the top of the deck. The PO said, "yeah - I had a bearing go bad and replaced it - why?"). Remember we were new at this once (a long, long ,long time ago)
old.gif

Anybody needing anything hauled back to northern IL from Indianapolis next weekend? should have room for a few cubs on the trailer on the return trip. Heck, even have some room going east as well.

**Route - I-39 south to I-74 east, to Kenney IL, then I-74 all the way to Indy. Return trip, TBA lol

sorry.gif

Just thought with only 5 posts there in a years time I could possibly help someone by putting it where they would see it.

I have been looking for a 71 for my collection and have had no luck. Is the chassis on the 102/122 the same? No extra holes anywhere? The serial numbers run consecutive I believe and I do have quite a few 7hp motors if I can match one up. Any ideas? Thanks all.

Robert
The 71 and 102/122 chassis is not the same. 71 has a low driveshaft tunnel like a 70/100 (and also like the 72/73), the 102/122 has a taller driveshaft tunnel like the later model narrow frames.

Latest posts

Back