• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 26, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie; I didn't get that much snow all winter. It is in the 60s here in Tenn. I planted potatoes, lettuce, mustard, peas, cabbage this week. Cub cadets are happy looking at the green grass which will need mowing next week.
A friend gave me some of his junk for plowing his garden.

127252.jpg

Jeff Baker,

I have a front blade just like that. Mine is Montgomery Ward. I think it is a little bigger than the cub front blades. I'm going to try to modifify mine to fit the cub. I don't think it will be that difficult.

Luther,
Since you REALLY don't need that Hydraulic setup, I'll take it off your hands... Just drop it in the mail to me......

drool.gif

Randy; I have a original torn down, cleaned and primed for a year now. I thought i might add the hydraulics to it if i ever finish it.
127262.jpg

127263.jpg

Charlie, I feel bad for you having all that snow so close to the polar regions you live in! I'm just getting the 106 ready for mowin!
clappy.gif

Can anyone tell me if it would be wise to sandblast the K block or should I use a wire wheel in a 4 1/2" angle grinder?

Kendell, Ryan, home base for me is just north of Tampa in Homosassa Springs, however I spend a lot of time now in the inherited family home in Lighthouse point down in S.E. fl. 88deg. and sunny here today. The thing is though my CUB is up there and I'm down here and I miss it!!!. Postage stamp lot here...... acres up there. (to mow and get seat time !!). Nice trade Luther!!

Great Don...see what ya done ? Gone and woke up the bear...
lol.gif

so what is the preferred tire for tilling ground that is not grass just plain dirt with 1200 hooked to a #2
1a_scratchhead.gif

Jeff-

Tires make absolutely no difference. You don't really even need any traction, as the tiller will push the tractor. I till with turf tires and no weights.

thanks Matt, thats kind of what i gatherd from archives but was needing to hear it again good no money to be spent. Maybe Kraig has some photos to teach us newbies the difference between tires loke ag, bar, turf ect.,

Scott,
The way the "Pros" do cleanup of engine parts is to "hot tank" them in a caustic solution to remove all of the oil and grease, paint, and baked on stuff. Don't hot tank anything made of aluminum though. A similar thing can be accomplished by using oven cleaner, but spray the block with WD-40 or the like immediately after cleaning if you don't want to watch it rust before your eyes.

Sandblasting will tend to damage machined surfaces, so unless great care is taken to avoid them I would shy away from doing that. I can see using a wire wheel to remove rust from the cooling fins however.

One handy little tool I have found for general cleanup of gasket mating surfaces, etc. is one of those little rotary disks made of a Scotchbrite type material. The disks have a holder which is put into the 1/4" collet on a air powered die grinder. I got the whole setup at Harbor Freight for about 25 bucks a few years ago.

hey matt, i was looking at your website and was wondering what drafting software you use to make your 3D models?

Long time, no post, but I thought I'd share my latest "find" . . . .
127305.jpg

International Harvester Tractors & Equipment in Australia & New Zealand
I happened to be online checking out the Iowa State Ag Engineering department's website and noticed the missing name of one of my former professors, Dr. Graeme Quick (one of the world's experts on mechanized agriculture). Turns out he is now back in Australia writing books, one of which is on our favorite subject. It also just so happens that this book went into print just last month. There's not too much on Cub Cadets in the book, only to mention that somewhere around 40 were imported "down under".

Wyatt...I wonder if thats the same Graeme thats a Forum member from 'down under'. He hasn't posted for a while, maybe lurking, and will now say if he is a author also.

Had a chance to get out and try the tiller for the first time. It worked fantastic!
127313.jpg

Back