Archive through March 26, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KEN - I had the WHOLE back end off that 982 late last summer to do the trunnion rebuild & hydro fluid & filter change. That rear PTO sure adds a BUNCH of junk to the back of a Cub Cadet.
I saw a rear mounted 3-point hitch sprayer with the pump powered from the rear PTO on an 1872 several years ago in a shop by OSH KOSH, WI. Guy that made it said the PTO is at least a standard spline that You can get splined shaft by the foot from a company called GROB in Grafton, WI. (Just googled it and they have a nice website) That could and should save You a bunch of $$$$$.

I do like the idea of a rear mower but the SGT's have a 2000 RPM speed and it's "SPECIAL" because most are setup for ASAE 540 RPM. Son wants to build My new sprayer for the 982 but I want to be able to spray with a gear drive for speed consistency. Plus hanging 500# off the 3-point is more than it's rated for.

Ohhhhh And put some sun tan lotion on.....I'd hate to hear You complaining about getting sun burned this early in the summer!
bubbly.gif

Denny, KENtucky, you need one of these:

81655.jpg

CAT-0, 2000RPM 48" tiller.

And/or one of these:

81656.jpg

CAT-0, 2000RPM 60" finish mower.

Charlie, there's a Cub Cadet, or at least portions of Cub Cadets in each photo.
buttrock.gif

Yah, that is an odd size. Looked at almost 100 web sites and nothing, including Grob. Seen a couple close but that wont work. May have to bit the bullet and blow a $50 bill for 2".
angry.gif

KRAIG - You did a good job of hiding the Mfg's LOGO in the mower picture.
ihrotate.gif

I would like to get something to chew-up tree branches but I see what Northern thinks they're worth and I burn them instead. Plus I'd want to exercise one of My FARMALL's when doing that.... so I'd need something that could stand up to 40+HP. I saw in FARMSHOW mag. where someone used an old silage chopped for that.... NOT Me MAN!

Dennis - I made a heck of a chipper once with an old hammer mill that we used on the old M. I ran it with a 10 horse Wisconson.

Kraig - With that BIG mower sitting there and you're letting those weeds bloom and go to seed
bottom.gif

Brendan - LOL - YGM

KEN - Did You have to do anything to the screens in that hammermill? I suppose if I pulled the whole screen out the tired old CC 70 could pull it!
Shift.gif

I have a question on this 1650 I'm bringing back to life. I pulled the drive shaft today and the coupler on the pump end is falling apart, the little ball was missing, the bushing is shot and the flex disk had two of the four holes torn out.

I have a drive shaft from a 782 with a good coupler that I'd like to use. Is there any need for the ball with the newer coupler? I don't see it listed in the parts lookup so I assume not, but I'm hoping one of you can confirm that.

Is there anything else I will need to modify on the 782 shaft besides length?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Dennis - Nope left'em in. Made real fine mulch. I don't think big stuff would do well though without the hp to pull it. Did great for garden stuff and small limbs. I use to cut down my garden with a front mount sickle mower and grind it up for the compost cages.

Did some dozing with the OT 1882. The electric front lift blade dug out some big rocks ! I'm happy with it ... bring on them greene thangs !!

Charlie,
Do you have to be present to win????????
Wish I could make it to a plow day sometime...

Latest posts

Back