Archive through March 26, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bren - I've got a whole F shaft too
biggrin.gif

DON B. - CCO pushing gravel - You have the BEST rear tire (IMHO) on the back for traction...maybe a little weight and You should be able to push/pull anything You should be able to move with Your Cub Cadet!
thumbsup.gif

DONALD T. - Hole in the pedistal could be two things.....it IS factory I believe. Used to hold the flat part while sitting in the bending dies being made....OR used to hang the part while going through a "Bonderizer" as We called it @ FARMALL....was a hot water washing machine that all sheetmetal painted parts passed thru and were phosphatized before painting instead of being painted with primer. My $0.02 worth anyhow.

Don T., I agree with Denny, that hole is a factory hole.

Brendan - So what exactly do ya need measured ?

Don - I agree with Kraig who agrees with Dennis , That's a hole !

Mornin Ken....I'm lookin for the dia. of the splines where the coupler locks the pto shaft to the tranny input shaft. Also spline count. I'm going to try to find a piece of splined shaft I can use for a stub.
I could take mine apart but I don't have anything here to get the correct measurement. Alot of my tools are still in storage.

Yep, have the collar. I seen a bunch of company's online last night that have splined shafts but I didn't have any measurements to go by. If I can't find anything on the net I will pull the collar out and take to some shops around here and see if they might have something to match. Thanks for the measurements.
thumbsup.gif

There's finally a Cub Cadet on the auction site in my back yard... problem is he wants 3 times what I'm willing to pay for the condition. Motor needs rebuilt (he has the rebuild kit including oversized piston and undersize rod) but is missing the carb and coil and the whole thing is pretty rough. Seems like most in my area think they're made of gold.

Oh yeah Kraig, it's a 125.

kraig....going to send some photos your way, just a heads up....

What one of our GREAT sponsers above has seat covers for the original 1973 1974 cub 149 white steel pan? My trim edge is good just need a cover to fit?
THANKS

Richard: thanks for the heads up on the wrong way to empty your oil bath breather on an original.....

The ol lady's got me pushin Mr. KIRBY around today! I wanted to go get the horse and a half Delta dust collector out of the shop and at least have a more MANLY vac to use ... but no!

Aw spring time in the Rockies ... wish I was there !!

Charlie - I see ya'll had some snow up yonder way , I've been outside shirtless
biggrin.gif

Trouble is the grass is growing and will need cut next week. You ready to head down this way for some warmth yet ??

Brendan - I don't think you'll find a splined shaft that size. That's an odd size.

Dennis - I know what I'd do with that rear PTO if I had one on my 1882, I'd make a finish mower or a brush cutter. I bought 2 of the internal splined couplers that come off the back of the pump. I am going to try to make up a PTO sometime with non MTD parts. They have a $174.95 price on those couplers. If you get tired of having that in your way let me know ;)

Latest posts

Back