• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 26, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrschmitt

displayname
Ron R. Schmitt
Jared C,

The 169 is rare Cubby compared the 1250 and there's not many of them around so I would fix up your hydro on it rather than canibalize your 169's engine for the 1250. You would have numerous challenges trying to put the 169 engine in a QL chassis.

If you haven't changed the HyTran and filter in a while, I'd start with that first and clean the siphon tube to make sure there's no blockage in it. If that don't fix it, it could be your charge pump is getting weak so you might want to swap the one of your 1250. Follow the service manual instructions for accomplishing that.

Brian B.
Two Words come to mind.
KNUCKLE BUSTER
biggrin.gif

Here's a NEWS FLASH from somone who doesn't have much experience with an original Cub.

(Don't blow compressed air down the spark plug hole if you have an oil bath cleaner)
stupid.gif

Brian B.

My friend who works in a dealership said they stand them up with a overhead hoist. I did it that way when I did mine and lots of underneath stuff to my 126/147. Two things to remember:fluids and SAFETY FIRST. I have one of Harbor Freights electric hoists overhead in my shop,they don't cost much and work really well. When you do it that way you can sit to work on them.

im looking for a pic of a homeade brinly adapter i seen some time back ,it had the dimesions and everything there im gonna tryin fab a couple up ive searched through the archives and cant find anything,jared

Richard, don't worry I will probly forget and do something like that.
bash.gif

howdy cubbers, I had some good seat time on the O today pushin & pulling a load of gravel in the driveway. Traction was not great in the loose stuff but the "O" got er done
81604.jpg

81605.jpg

Guys, steering wheel removal tool works great!! Thanks for the idea!!
81613.jpg

I have a stuck spark plug in the 100 I aquired. I tried penetrating oil but I don't think it can get in there. Any ideas? Should I just take the head off and try. I think the plug is bad so I can't start it to get it hot.
Thanks

The cub gods are smillin today,got the 1450 all back together today, fresh hy-trans, new filter everything greased and lubed couldnt believe the difference in the way she runs.thanks to this forum.
81620.jpg

81621.jpg

Tom- Ya got a 1/2 inch impact? A quick rap should break it loose. I had to use my 3/4 inch impact to pull a plug on a Dodge 360 once. The impact should do the trick.

Tom - make sure that it's got the right plug in it before you reef on it too much - a too long of a reach plug will have threads exposed inside the combustion chamber which will then get carbon in the threads - if you try an impact or a breaker bar on it, you'll end up learning about Helicoils
talker.gif

It might be safer to pull the head if in doubt....

Mommy's HOME !

Tom S - Pull the head , it'll need de-carbonized anyway and you can clean the plug thread area and blast it with some cat pee or something to loosen the threads from the other side.

Don - That little feller looks good working !

Richard - Next time close the intake valve
biggrin.gif

Anyone know where I can find the actual dimensions to the splines on input shaft ? This is the ones that couple the pto shaft to the input shaft. I have a couple ideas to finish my rear pto.
81624.jpg

Would you guys have any ideas on the hole in the pedestal on my O. i was think po and wondering why?
81627.jpg

I was just going to cut the end off an F Cub shaft but can't justify $50 for a piece under 2" long. I can't find one in my area and would have to get one ebay. I may be able to find something else with the same spline to cut up.

Back