• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 24, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GEEZ Terry,
Who would sell you a POS like that!
biggrin.gif

Brian B.
I'll betcha one of the sponsors above has what ya need.
beerchug.gif

I know Chris Westfall and Marlin Heinlein both carry tons of NOS parts.

Thanks charlie, I have already started the search with the boys above earler this afternoon, as no one replyed as of yet, I got to wondering if these parts were avalable, and that is why I asked. With a little luck maybe one of them will get back to me on monday, after all I need to cut them a little slack, it is the week end. Thanks again for the reply.

Charlie,
POS? Nay-Nay! Now that the rod is fixed it runs good. The Hydro is strong. The Hytran was in good shape so the transmission had been taken care of. 147 number 3 is just cosmetically challenged.
53762.jpg

He's gonna run it behind ya and goose ya with that "glad to see ya" muffler ;)

Curtis,
Sorry I got the name wrong, I'll remember it now. At least you have a good motor to start with. I guess the other thing that might have saved the motor is if he was just using it for snow plowing or other clean work. Cutting grass usually clogs air filters pretty quick, between the chaff and the dust that gets kicked up.

Here is our daughter on her first tractor ride. She was born Dec. 26, so she is not yet 3 months old. The tractor is her mom's 1972 128.

53768.jpg

The 147 number 3 is going to be the secret weapon at the tractor pull at plow day. The extra small wheels in front help with weight transfer. The onan carb has a velocity stack on it for extra power. No place for the governor to hook up to, but who needs it, when you are beating all the other 147s at the pull!
bazooka.gif

I'm thinking of adding hydraulics to my 682. Is it worth it? Where can I find out which attachments will fit the 682?
Thanks

Chip Stewart,
Just a thought or 2 on bringing home a CC. 1. Unless it came from a dealership, don't trust anything the PO may have done, go thru it the best you can. Curtis S's story on the oil bath filter is a good example of short cuts that people try to get by with.
2. Check to see if you have all the manuals. The Kohler site has free downloads for the engine manual. Go to Binderbooks.com and find out if there are other manuals you may need and order them from your favorite source. BTW, BinderBooks does a fair job on reprints. Usually there are seperate manuals on the engine, chassis, parts, etc.
3. The older equipment doesn't have safety features like the new stuff.
4. Enjoy, it might take longer for the SWMBO to come around.

Whats a SWMBO?
dp

David P
Now I know what is wrong with my 40 or so cubs. I did not follow directions when I acquired them. In fact, only one came with a manual. 3 came from dealers, all needed lots of help, rest just appeared from behind barns, in weed patches, parked where they died, behind fences and from auctions.

Manuals, that is what Kraig is for!

Digger
I was not aware that 147's were so highly regarded. I have 2 but have started turning one into a "146", put a gear drive in it with creeper, cut a slot for creeper shifter and breather. Still have to rewire and finish up swapping the clutch/brake pedal's related parts. Wanted to put narrow frame hydraulic unit on it, but it will not fit so I have to stick with the BLUE BIRD ELECTRIC DOOR OPENER.

Did any of the cozy cabs come without the big pocket for the manual lift lever?

Terry - Great pic. LOL

Mike - Be careful, mine wanted a PINK one.

Charlie - That was "Hold the big pocket" and a side of frys please.
You sellin those Do-It Yerself Quiteline kits ?
joker.gif

Kentuck,
The PO went to great lengths to fit those side/front panels, he even had the hood tilted up inside the cab to snag some heat, LOL

Hello I am a newbie to the site. I have a 125 Hydro that was my grandfathers, I finally dug it out of the barn after sitting for about 6-7 years. I am going thru it know, trying to get it to run. I am planning on mowing with it this year and maybe next, then the following winter tear it down for a complete restoration. This will give me time to find missing parts, fix all the problems, and work out bugs before completely tearing it down. this one has more sentimental value than anything. I am hoping to buy another cub to take over mowing duties before I tear this one down. I have alot to learn about these great CC's. I will definetly be asking questions as I get further into it.

Right now my goal is to get the 7 year old gas (more like varnish) out of the tank, fuel line and carb. It fired right off on ether but cant seem to get gas too it.

I know when it was parked it would run until it got warm, then would loose power and die, let it cool, then it would fire again? Not sure why its doing this? I checked compression yesterday it has right at 100 lbs. of compression. What should compression be on this K301A?

Thanks for your help in advance!!

Charlie.

I want to know if it was made WITHOUT the big pocket for the lever. I have a cosy cab and am considering making a diffferent part unless something may be found. I wand to put a windod there if possible.

Rodney:
Buy a gallon can of carb cleaner at your local parts store. You may need to get a carb kit from one of the sponsors up above and soak the carb for several days to get the gunk dissolved. May have to repeat as needed. Not too many things wlll dissolve the varnish and it is some of the stickiest stuff you will ever encounter. Remove the tank and put some of the cleaner in the tank with a handfull of small pebbles or large BB's. Put cap on and shake it a lot for a few days. May have to do this several times, but this is the way I clean tanks and have done so for 30 plus years. Takes some patience. 125 has a sediment bowl also, I believe, You will need to do the same to this as the carb. There should be a screen in it that you don't want to hurt...not sure if some of the sponsors above have the gasket, I have always made my own.

Latest posts

Back