• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 24, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank,
CRS set in earlier, LOL. Sorry bout that.
The answer is still yes.
biggrin.gif

53783.jpg

53784.jpg

53785.jpg

Frank, Thanks for the ideas, thats kind of what I figured I would need to do. Going to pick up a gallon can tomorrow, and get it too soaking. I have done the same trick on old motor cycle tanks, I used 1/4" hex nuts as my tumbling media. Funny thing is I used to strap the motorcycle tanks to the back tire of this same cub, and jack it up, let that tumble it for me (Im lazy I guess) Would be hard to tumble the gas tank from the mower that I want to strap it too!!
bubbly.gif

Yes it does have a sediment bulb, I will clean it too!

What is normal compression on a K301A engine? Is 100 lbs. good?
Thanks again!!

Hank asked me to post these for him since he was running behind today and thought everyone wouold be interested.

Hey Charlie--
In the midst of packing for a move. I found this stuff. Can you post them for me.

The first is a bill of lading for among other things something called Cub
Cadet ser. no. 1

2. The crate.
3. closeup of the label on the crate.
4. quick snapshot of the CC in the crate...looks like a hand built pedestal
to me.

Thanks.
Hank

53799.jpg

53800.jpg

53801.jpg

53802.jpg

1. 682 is running. Had to replace the fuel pump & clean the carb. It's surging slightly @ WOT. Only has 1 mixture screw for idle & turning it doesn't make a difference. Walbro Fixed main jet carb.

2. I have aproblem with the 129. I had no spark @ the points so I changed the coil for a used coil that was good, new condensor & points. Turned engine over to the S mark on the flywheel & adjusted so the points were justbreaking open. Spark is very weak & it seems like it's not constant like it should be.

This is for Charlie's "enthusiasm" for hydro.
Changing the hydro filter IS the reason I like gear drives! Today was so beautiful I have complete renewed EXTRA anxiousness for plow day. Helping move my buddy's tractors around has me even more impatient for the 1200.

The original p.t.o. clutch on the 109 went out finally and I need to replace it. We still use it for mowing and blowing snow it was made in the early 70's.The motor is a Kohler K-241A with the engine s/n 4363864. Anybody have any ideas or options like a electric clutch or a place to get original parts. Any help is appreciated as the mower starts turning when you start the engine, not really the most desirable option.

Latest posts

Back