Archive through March 23, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proessler

displayname
Paul W.Roessler
Sorry Charlie ! Thanks for correctin' my cretin like misbehavior...
angel.gif
I'll try my very best to do better.

Paul R.
Your more than welcome!
I'm a firm believer that bottoms feeders should be eliminated from this earth!
Course they do serve some function in life, I just don't know what!
clappy.gif

Kraig good point, I never noticed the inwards verse outwards bolts on the blade

just more proof that you can learn something new every day.....if you want to

Mike,

Be glad to do a write-up, may take a while. I hooked up & tilled the garden this morning, lift worked great! I figure if it can lift the tiller, it can lift anything. Don't have an action pic, nobody here to take the picture. But do have a still...

222907.jpg

Charlie "Digger" Proctor

lol That can`t be Kraig M (is it) ?

Your a bad boy lol
nutbags.gif

Norm Bartee

I have a tiller that`s missing the tin over the tines. Might have to make that. That`s must be a nicer tractor to use with the hyd lift. Nice job , be happy that you did it yourself.
drool.gif

Charlie got everything all messed up in the emotion section. There are some doubles in there and everything has moved.I think he will have to use a link to add the file of (shaking man lol)

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

I think someone should do one of Charlie. Just for fun and giggles lol.

(are you up to it! ? )

ATTENTION!!! As of 12:15 P.M. today Cub Cadet 108, SN-2050043U 452188 was called into active service. Born 11/72, the Cub was more than willing to do what work was to be done.
222921.jpg

222922.jpg

222923.jpg

222924.jpg

Charlie, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU!
KennyP

Getting some good info & pics regarding blade subframes (wide vs narrow frame ) but still need the how to advise on switching the blade from one to the other.

Do I just pry the arms of the frame off over the pivot pins then pry again to put the proper one on? Any tricks or things to watch out for?

Kenneth,
Now you need to take it all apart, sand it down, prime, paint, and put it back together to look like this....

222930.jpg

Then you can make another pin-up to go above your puter!!!
lol.gif

Marty, so that's the pinup you have. Slowly working on getting her prettied up. I don' have an air compressor big enough to use a spray gun, so am somewhat hindered in that area. I have repainted the wheels using 'Biscuit' epoxy appliance paint. Color matches much better than 'Almond'. I stripped the top of the hood last fall and applied a coat of Rust-oleum Rust Reformer just to slow down that problem. Still need to attach the hood latch bar under. Hopefully, she will look good enough one of these days. A nice garage would help a lot, but for now I work under the sun and stars.
KennyP

Ken P two things where is your tunnel cover and what is that setup you have on the mule drive belt tensoiner area???

Jeff, I removed the tunnel cover to try my hand at a homemade lift. Not working well, need spring assist. Mule drive had some parts missing, looked up parts list, made my own tension for the mower deck. Works great. Its basically a 3/8" eye bolt with a spring on the outside of the frame.
Where's Charlie? Taking a nap?
KennyP

If any of you are still interested in power steering here is a site that makes systems just for tractors. They do not use a steering valve so it makes it real easy to convert manual to power. They use a slide valve hooked directly to the steering column actuator arm that then provides the amount of left or right needed. Do you think that the hydro on CC's would supply enough pressure and volume to just use their hyd actuator without the pump?http://powersteeringkit.com/index.html this is their web site

Rudy-

All of the tractors I recognize on that list shown on the site you posted are farm tractors...nothing close to CC-sized. For a CC, the easiest thing to do is get the PS setup from a CCC tractor that had it. Most of the stuff bolts up, and it's designed for a Cub Cadet.

Latest posts

Back