• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 22, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff, Thanks for the pictures of the Front Blade. That is a great help.
Herb

Anybody have an email or phone for John Proeschel in Ohio?

He was the one that did the mini 560 out of a 100...I know he was at PDv3 in Indiana, and at least 1 of the Illinois PDs

Bryan,
What if we have not decided if we're goin yet? Just in case we forget, can we have you remind us when it is from time to time?

Had a <u>great</u> day today. Here's some pictures.

17085.jpg

One more....wasnt planning on coming home in the dark with the second load, but oh well.....
17089.jpg

I'll take a pic of the front yard tomorrow....

Hey Dave- re. the garage-shop, I agree with adding an extra 6' to make walk-around space.

Make the ceiling AT LEAST 8'. Go 9 if you can- that'll give clearance for a pair of inexpensive ceiling fans. You'll also want an exhaust vent for when you're running welders, grinders, or have some of your fire belch smoke into the room.

Rather'n heating part of the floor, heat the WHOLE THING. Half-heating the concrete floor will make the air feel cold, and it'll put the concrete under strange stresses

If you're planning on a woodburner, get one with a water-jacket, or better yet, get one of those fancy microprocessor-controlled self-lighting outdoor furnaces, and mount it (and your woodpile rack) under a carport, to keep the snow and ice off your fuel. Warning- you MAY like the outdoor furnace so much that you'll want to tap it into your house furnace and save utility bills...

To heat the shop when wood isn't convenient, install an ordinary, but large water heater (My neighbor uses a 40-gallon on Natural Gas and a small electric circulatory pump to heat is 28x28 workshop, and with R19 walls and R23ish ceiling, the workspace is T-shirt 'n underwear warm during -20's weather, just as long as you've got shoes on... without shoes, your feet get too hot!

William D. Congratulations on the M & W. It looks great. Hope to see it at PA plow day.

Dave C. I could not agree more on the size issue. No matter how big you build it, it will not be big enough. Last week when we were getting burried in snow, my wife said I must be a red neck. I was cleaning off my truck OUTSIDE my three car garage because the tractors were filling it. I guess now would not be the best time to tell her that I think two more are to follow me home next month. Also, as Richard said, you can not have enough eletric outlets. I put mine every six feet, and even that is not enough. Having them in the ceilng is great for drop lights as well as battery chargers. No sense tripping over cords.

Travis ...was at my Dads last night he showed me the article in the Farm Show magazine thought it was kind of cool...I'll copy it for you and send it your way if you want.

I'm trying to figure out how to post the picture.

After doing a lot of reading on this site, this is my first post. I'm in the process of getting my 1650 ready for the mowing season and was planning on just changing motor mounts. After getting the engine out I noticed the frame was cracked on both sides where the cross support joins the sides. It was an easy weld job for the retired welder that I use when I need something good welded. Has anyone ever seen wear like this due to worn out motor mounts?

Thanks,
Tom Fesenmyer

(Message edited by Tfesenmyer on March 22, 2004)

Ok I need to post and get on a soapbox the way this works around here with this dictatorship this may be my last post. I will post across the street form time to time though. I think that Dave I doing a great job just by sponsoring a plow day I personally sponsored the Forums ONLY MOW DAY. It is allot of work out houses food grounds. Frankly I messed up there where some issues that where not addressed. When Dave posts and invites those to his place and to plow this is great he puts his work time and money into the event. Dave trust me there is money involved I came out about 30 behind on the mow day events. (Lucky it wasn't more) I can see why Bryan doesn't want tons of post that are useless but it’s about fun about cubs and about plowing. So what if it takes more posts??? We as members pay for this forum not just the one moderator (I know there are more than one but it's only one that controls EVERYTHING) I know I'm not paid up now but I have paid in the past and would not be against a standard paid membership. At this point why bother this page is a sinking ship and its almost under I’m out of here because the other pages I visit allow basic freedoms ...to talk about tractors and plow days.....

Off my soap box

Ryan-

Yes, I know, but some of these narrowframes are kind of cool.;-)

Besides, my 128 and 1810 don't need any parts at the moment, knock on wood.

Joe M,
Yer doin somethin wrong if your losin money. From what I hear, I made tons of money on PD6, but my ISP bill dint show it, LOL. And I know for a fact that Travis was out over 150 bucks. But it's well worth it, cause I think it's gonna be a long time before anyone beats PD6. To me it's no what it cost, it's the fun to be had. They are all great no matter the size though.

Matt G...What's with all the slanty grilles?? Has Kraig brainwashed you into thinking they are the pinnacle of CC development???

Art....Are you going to bring a sample tray of the cookies to PD this fall?? You forgot to add the 1 tsp of hytran in place of the vanilla in the formula. For the low carb dieters substitute the vanilla with "low-ash"......

Richard C.

No, I didn't write it, but I did give them permission to use my wife's picture of everybody plowing up the hill.....she hit a home run with that shot!!!!!!!

Joe,

What "left field" did that come out of??????????

Joe, in Dave's post it actually says to email him.

Anybody know the parts guy at Wright equipment in IL?? Is he a few bricks short of a load??

Joe M.
I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. Fortunately, we all do enjoy freedoms and you are certainly welcome to take your love of Cubs elsewhere. I've got a couple of things to offer up here and they go like this:

First, I think that Bryan is doing his job by attempting to maintain some sense of order here. In recent history he's merely asked us to use email for the purpose it was intended rather than clutter up the forum with "you've got mail" posts. I don't have any problem with that. I've got limited time available during the day to enjoy this forum and I don't need to read that someone "got a package".

Second, why do you refer to this forum as (to paraphrase) 'a sinking ship and about to go under'? Seems healthy to me. And I happen to enjoy this one more than the other one. To each his own, I suppose.

Lastly, when you enter a post to whine I think you would find it beneficial for your cause to utilize liberal doses of proper grammer and punctuation. Frankly, when I have to re-read a post 2-3 times to figure out what the heck you're whining about, the "punch" of your message is lost.

I'm done being militant now. Off I go! :eek:)
Keith

Latest posts

Back