• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 22, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith E.....Amen to that,and well written also!!

Man,
That was a little much for first thing in the morning......

Kieth hit it right on. Steve asked the right question. I'm just confused. Back to work....

Maybe some more work on Foxtrot tonight will help the confusion....

RYAN - I think John P's mini-560 was only a 70, With the large dia. rear tires He struggled a bit even with a creeper to plow at PD #1. I think He may have dropped a 10 HP in later for the IN. PD. If You jump over to the Red Power Magazine site He goes by JohnPOhio or something like that. I see Him post every couple of months. He quit milking cows 2 yrs ago but still grain farms and drives truck in His spare time that He used to use milking the cows.

Man, what have I gotten into??
17100.jpg

Apostle-

While I prefer wideframes, any cub on which I can get a good deal is fine with me
happy.gif
I don't plan to hang on to any of them for a long time, I plan to fix 'em all up and re-sell them.

<font size="-2">Bryan- That is not intended as an advertisment!</font>

Travis,

Possibly, but I haven't been over there recently.....

I talked to a couple of peope last night about food and drinks, started with the local cub scouts. Got a porta-potty spoke for. keep the e-mails coming, be nice to know how many to plan for.

Updike-
No cookies...sorry..

Joe-
I'm gonna give you some thoughts here, so bear with me.

First of all...
I'm with Charlie on this one, plow-events are, by nature, never a money making venture.
17104.jpg

I had about 10 people over the night before last year's WFM Spring Break event for a cook-out and then let a few of them borrow a space on the floor to sleep for the night. I didn't plan on making money, I invited anyone who wanted to show up. I'd planned on having a good time with friends and that's exactly what we did. It was a great time, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. <font size="-2">provided that they would show up again!)</font> ;-)

Secondly...
Why do find it appropriate to tear into this forum? I lurk and post on both the WFM forum as well as the IHRegistry forum. Although I prefer this forum, I have many friends on all three forums, yes, even those who drive tractors of a different color. (gasp!)

I consider all of these people very good friends because we share a common bond of sitting on a 30yr old piece of iron into which we've poured way too much time and money while out in the middle of a soybean field with a plow on the back and call it "fun".

My neighbors think I'm a nutcase, and they're probably not too far off, but truth is, the guys who participate in this sport are hard-working family guys who just want to have wrench-project without selling the farm, no matter what forum they post to.

Frankly, it makes me a little sick to read a post like yours whether it's on this forum or another no matter what brand of tractor that forum worships. If I don't like a forum, or it's people, I may stop visiting that forum, but I certainly won't try to damage that forum or worse yet engage it's members in some sort of a mud-slinging name-calling event.

Giving the mic to someone else and stepping off the soapbox.....

Matt nice looking fleet of Slant Grills!

Ken, I'll eventually get more converts. :eek:)

Tom F., Welcome! To post a photo type in \ image{any character} without the space between the backslash \ and the word image. When you get to the preview page you will see an "I goofed" image, this is normal when you are happy with your post click the "Post this Message" button and then you'll be prompted to browse to the image file you wish to upload. Be sure that the file is under 50kb and that it is a jpg or gif format. Good luck.

Matt, is that a John Deere seat on that 1x5 series? You have nearly enough 'bath tub' Cadets to start up a go cart track. :eek:)

Kraig-

Good eye, yes it is.(BTW it is a 125, and so is the one at the front of the row behind it) But I have another "correct" seat in the pile by the decks shown in the pic in my 6:59am post. The JD seat will wind up on the 127, which doesnt have a seat.
happy.gif

...go-kart track with bathtub cadets.....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Except only 2 of the 4 have engines and one is missing a wheel.
happy.gif

I guess that this means 597 hours, 8 minutes till Plow day 7.0????

I will have to clean up my plow and knowck off the rust on my suitcase weights..... Just more on the to do list.
happy.gif

Matt G., I didn't say it wouldn't take some work to get them race ready. :eek:)

I won't be able to make it to PD7. :eek:(

Hey, what's up with bashing narrow frames? Maybe these guys will come after you.
17107.gif

17108.gif

17109.gif

17110.gif

Art, yeah I know but the good looking Cub Cadets in Matt's photos are. :eek:)

Here are some interesting items from a European Cub Cadet attachment brochure that Robin Howe kindly scanned and sent to me.
17112.jpg
17113.jpg

17114.jpg
17115.jpg

17116.jpg
17117.jpg

Art -

Wouldn't matter, the slant grilles look like they've been demolished already!
roflol.gif

Back