• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 19, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Pan looks good. QUESTION: Best to set TOMCAT's Battery on a piece of thick Rubber or Plastic cutting board? How about Wiring? Upgrade to a heavier gauge wire? Locomotiveman Tom

302916.jpg

Attachments

• 302916.jpg
    302916.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 302916.jpg
    302916.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 125
Kevin c. Did you put new bushings in? Did they have a pre drilled hole to line up with the zerk? If not you will have to take the zerk out,remove the shaft and drill through the bushing so the shaft can get grease.

I believe factory had a rubber mat, it would help with any vibrations

Charlie, the zerks are clean, grease goes through them, it's just that there is nowhere for the grease to go. I've had them out and cleaned them. My first thought was that the zerks were plugged.

Nate, the snow thrower is new to me. I did not put the bearings in. Is there supposed to be a hole in the bearing that lines up with the zerk?

Thanks!

Kevin C.
Nate has the right idea, make sure the hole in the bearings is facing the zerk.
If they don't have holes, you've got the wrong bearings.

Thanks Charlie! I'll have to take it apart to see if the outside of the bearings have a hole in them. Hopefully they do and all I have to do is put them back in the correct position.

Make sure when you drive them out, that you stuff a paper towel or a little piece of rag in there.
Otherwise you'll be flinging those little needle buggers all over the place, LOL

Tom S - I'm a fan of the Battery Mat from sponsor Dave Kirk (Kirk Engines, Inc) under the battery. He's got a lot of other cool stuff, too. Click his sponsor button above and check it out.

After somehow ending up with a herd of CCC built machines, I decided it was time to go back to my roots.
Picked a 4 digit "O" and a '62 for my next builds.
The plan is a bare bones '61 and a fully loaded '63 as parts accumulate.

board-post.pl

Back