• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 19, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klindstedt

displayname
Kevin Lindstedt
Speaking for myself, I'm between snow plowing (of which there was precious little this year) and lawn mowing, which I won't be starting for awhile yet. Still enjoy lurking and reading. I guess now would be the ideal time for a paint and decal refresh, but funds are low at the moment.
a_weep.gif

Attachments

• a_weep.gif
    a_weep.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 123
Super busy here, too. And now kids are starting soccer and soon softball. Eats up TONS of my cub time. Along with the Farmall M I'm workin' on.

Jeff/Charlie,
Missed the bus on the new thread. What/where was it about?

OK, I was out mowing around the garden this morning on the 124/42" and after about 40 minutes it died like I just flipped the key off at WOT. Rain is in the forecast so I just let it cool for a few minutes and covered it. This has been a very dependable cub for several years now and I'm trying to get ready to turn the garden.

What's the first thing you'd check (anyone)??? I don't mean to sound lazy; I figured I'd try and stir up some posting and get my 124 back running all at once.

Out of gas.
asthanos.gif

Attachments

• asthanos.gif
    asthanos.gif
    5 KB · Views: 124
Charlie,
bottom.gif
Get working on that new thread thingy that we were talking about!
popcorn2.gif

Attachments

• bottom.gif
    bottom.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 129
  • popcorn2.gif
    popcorn2.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 127
The light kit for the "O" that the Charlie posted,there were two types of headlight housings,possibly three,which is correct,the thin headlight ring retainer or the wide one?

Discuss,talk amongist yourselves....

Wayne,
Possible ignition switch going bad.

Lew,
I thought I read somewhere in a Service Bulletin that there were 3 like you were thinking and they changed to the wide style when the headlight(bulb) rim got thicker at the rim edge.
I do know that you can buy 3 sizes of rings still today.
302867.jpg

Attachments

• 302867.jpg
    302867.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 302867.jpg
    302867.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 153
Anybody want to help me answer this question?

Fernando is in the process of being fitted with a tiller and that reminds me that he has a hydraulic issue.

It seems the lift capacity is fine but with any amount of weight at all, the hitch settles very quickly. Any ideas?

(Fernando is a 149).
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 122
Wayne,
I had that problem with my 124.
I torn down the carb and rebuilt it. Reset the high and low speeds. That helped

Worked all day in my cub building. Put more shelves up to hold parts and straightened/cleaned it up.
Can't wait to start working on the 100 and the O.
construction.gif

I've been busier than a three legged cat in a litter box!
err.gif

Very interesting about the O light ring sizes. Now I am curious.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 132
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 121
  • construction.gif
    construction.gif
    883 bytes · Views: 118
Yes, I have two different sizes of headlight rims. One size is deeper with a narrow rim around the bulb, and the other size is shallower with a wider rim around the bulb.
Any idea what the third size consists of?

Frank C.
Unless your spraying hydraulic fluid, LOL
The lift cylinder and or the valve body is leaking off.

My bet is the valve body.
An O-ring is probably wore out, or just gettin tired.

Thanks guys on the input on my dead 124. I'll probably drag it up to the house sometime today and get started checking things.

Frank- I did check the gas. It didn't die like it ran out...it was just as if I switched the key off.

I'm pretty sure it is electrical.

Wayne,
RE electrical: yeah, also had an issue with worn wiring which shorted and killed the tractor. . .

QA36A opinions needed! The bearings (#11) fit so tight that I can't get any grease thru the grease zerks (#10). What if anything should I or do I need to do?
Thanks!!

OK, I guess I didn't upload the parts look up diagram correctly! I'll try again.

302896.jpg

Got it! #10 and #11 is what I'm talking about. Thanks

Attachments

• 302896.jpg
    302896.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 302896.jpg
    302896.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 136
Kevin C.
So take them out. They unscrew.
Take a small drill bit or tiny screw driver, clean them out from the bottom side.
Then use some carb cleaner and spray inside the hole to finish the job.
Re-install and pump away!

Just finished up my keeper plow tonight. This will go on my trailer queen Original.
1AA_dance2.gif

302912.jpg

302913.jpg

Attachments

• 302912.jpg
    302912.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 1AA_dance2.gif
    1AA_dance2.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 302913.jpg
    302913.jpg