• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 19, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just picked up a 129 and a 125. The 125 had the hydraulic pump/cylinder accessory so I unbolted it from the chassis and took it to my bench for an overhaul. Got everything free, drained the fluid (came out like liquid white lithium cream juice, and refilled with Hytrans. Finger turned the pulley making sure I bled all the air from the cylinder. Everythings looking good until I noticed oil leaking from the pump body where the resevoir meets the pump casting. Now what am I supposed to do???????

Shane,

Thanks for the info. That is what I've been doing but I noticed a leak. I know my plate's not truly flat so guess I'll work on that.

Norm, I've had good luck with this seal I purchased from McMaster Carr.

222757.jpg

It's thicker then the original seal, but it's worked well for me.

222758.jpg

Hope this helps.

Norm Bartee

I used the right stuff on one side of my back cover gasket of my 125 to be sure I would have no leaks. The right stuff is not affected by hytan or any other same type fluid,Its is big $$$ though.
thumbsup_old.gif

Don & Paul,

Thanks for the info. I've got to get a new gasket tomorrow.

Jeremiah, to get by until you find the tire your looking for you can increase/decrease air pressure in your two back tires to level the tractor side to side. That will allow you to get your mower deck level.

Shane: Your voice sounds like one of experience!

I'm not sure but what I'll just wait and buy new wheels & tires at the same time. Trouble is, I just installed new wheel bearings, and they're not cheap.

Wayne, you have anymore pictures of your tractor pull'n your poultry station? Is that a 100 or a 70? Those front tires look like they are massive or have I just not had enough coffee yet this morning?

MIKE - Wayne's tractor is a 100, by the size of the air cleaner cover.

NORM - using sealant on the rear cover is advized, especially if it's not flat. I'd suggest checking all the bolt hole surfaces with a good straight edge and "adjusting flatness" with a large hammer with soft taps, leaves fewer dents & divots.

I'd use Permatex Aviation Form-a-Gasket, or HYLOMAR, RIGHT-STUFF, or something like that, NOT any kind of RTV. Just coat both sides of the new gasket once you get the cover really flat.

None of my covers ever leak but the fill level plugs weep sometimes.

Does anyone have information showing the disassembly/repair of the hydraulic unit? I have the Operators/Installation manual (395 009 R92) but don't know how to take it apart and hopefully repair the resivoir to pump leak. Thanks in advance.

Bob in RI

jeremiah you can pop the bearings back out if carefull ..... been there done that

JEREMIAH - Front tire size really doesn't matter for side-to-side mowing height since the frt axle pivots in the center. But taller or shorter tires DO effect the frt to back level of the mower deck, shorter tires lower the frt, makes the center blade mow lower and the rear blades seem to mow higher. Taller tires raise the center blade.

The deck should sit slightly lower in frt anyhow, maybe 1/8" or so, so the blades only cut on the front half of their rotation. If the mower sits higher in frt than the back they mow ALL the way around and pull harder.

The side-to-side mower height is adjusted with BOTH the eyebolts at the frt of the decks, and one side of your mule drive should have an adjusting bolt to adjust side-to-side height. Then you can fine tune with rear tire pressure.

I don't think GY has made those tires in DECADES. I'd put a matching tire to your new one on with an inner tube and throw the old GY away. I have Carlisle Multi-trac CS's on the frt of my 982 and they stick really good on side hills and on sharp turns.

Repeated from March 18th for clarification...

My tire chains broke a} brake actuating lever this winter on my 169, Ausco caliper. Are these replaceable as a part IH-57957-C1 <font color="ff0000"> (#19 in the illustration below) </font><font color="000000">or do have to get the whole brake assembly?

INSTEAD or for a short time -

Can I use anther kind of caliper assembly (I've got an H-H already) or should try to get the same kind.

Dennis - My use for brakes on the Hyrdo are to keep the tractor stopped when on a hill with the motor off.</font>

222779.jpg

Oh BTW I found a new use for my 169 this weekend...
Pulling Wild Roses from my meadow/front yard. Just wrapped a heavy chain with a hook fairly tight around the base at ground level and used a shovel to sever some of the roots. Took the slack out and applied slow steady acceleration and dragged those thorny b**tards to the woods. still had my chains on for added traction and the blade for added front wieght.

Such a better way than digging them.

TOM H. - Yes, Hydro tractors sometimes are hard to keep track of since they creep if kept running and roll when shut off.

I'd replace your Ausco caliper with the H-H and contact a sponsor above to see if they have a replacement used lever for your Ausco caliper.

Either caliper will work but I would try to keep the brands matched side-to-side.

Well expect snow in the northern part of Iliinois very soon..................I'm taking the snowthrower off today.

TOM - You're O-K, I still have all my stuff ready for snow. In fact the weather-guessers think we may get some Wednesday.

Latest posts

Back