• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through March 16, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
bash.gif

255491.jpg

11 is the lift rod.

Very nice looking 70 Marty.Do you have any pictures of under the hood?

Don T.
Here is how I did the hose thingy on mine.BTW why is your battery in backwards?

255495.jpg

255496.jpg

Lewis Do-Da Palma

Lewis - well I hate the posts so close to the dash tower sheet metal. Makes it close when you want to boost a dead battery. So I switch them to the front.I might pull a Denny option and install a radio and head phones.

Well, certainly appears like that's the part! Unfortunately it also appears that I'm missing the other 17 parts! Oh we'll, guessing they don't grow on trees so probably won't be having one anytime soon. And BTW, gotta be somebody on this site can stamp out a few of those amp brackets?? Thanks fellas for all the help and the pics are super.

Donald, actually thought of that - don't know if he would make just one but I'll definitely check on Monday. Will post his response in case anyone else would interested. Bout $2 a copy should cover it don't you think??

If Aaron doesn't have those gauge panels, back in the day they used to make gauge panels for us hot rodders so we could stick gauges on our cars (usually under the dash). You may be able to still buy them somewhere.

Question-
I'm about to order some lining material for the PTO brake on the 169.

255523.jpg

I'm thinking of going with the "metal free" strip material in a 3/16" thickness (1-1/4" wide).

255524.jpg

I'm just posting this to see if anybody has a "better" thought...

Art A.
A tip from someone that tried the strip thing. IT DON'T WORK! LOL
Only because I had leftovers from doing brakes.
Get the full width piece and cut a doughnut that's one piece and slap it on there.

Under Edit,
If you wanna try it, I'll send you a box full of strips to play with.

Art,

I don't know about McMaster-Carr and others, but I was at Home Depot and the floor salesman said the minimum quantity that I could buy was 1'. When I went to the cashier, she thought I could buy less. We put 0.25' in as the quantity and I bought 3". The register would take anything measured to hundredths of a foot. Just an idea.

Ken F - what section at Home Depot has that brake material? And do you know what they actually call it?

Come on guys, I never said that I was buying brake lining material. It is just stuff that is priced by the foot that they let me buy less than 1 foot.

So what does Art need? 0.33' of 4" wide, 0.5' of 6" wide, or does McMaster-Carr even allow quantities less than 1.0'?
dunno.gif

Ken-
It's $3.91/foot and they will sell it as small as 1-foot lengths. At less than $4 for the repair, I'm willing to pay for the 4-inches I won't use.

Charlie-
What is it about the 'strips' that don't work?

Art A.
I should have rephrased that a little.
It does work buy seems to flake off some where you have seams. I'm guessing that there's a certain amount of flexing going on from time to time that may be the issue.
As far as the material sticking, it sticks and stays on fine.
Then again, the gaps at the seams might be a good thing. Kinda like the grooves they put in high end brake calipers now days. It may serve to cool some, I dunno.

Ken. F.
We were talking about brake material! You chime and talk about Home Depot, and you type "the floor salesman said the minimum quantity that I could buy was 1'."

I'll send you something to play with Monday.

Now WTH would we think you were talking about!
1a_scratchhead.gif

Today I'm comparing this "refurbish" situation to reading a novel that starts out very interesting, gets a bit boring in the middle, but you can't stop reading in anticipation of the way it ends.
happy.gif

Are we blogging?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Will headlights from a 102 bolt into a 100? I forgot the 102 I got last year had them. It's really rough so, if possible the headlights will be transplanted.

I really want to get on my 100 this spring/summer and get it running. I have a hydraulic unit coming which will be added. It already has the 3pt, spring assist, and fenders so I'm hoping for a nice unit.

I'll vote with Do-Da on this one. However, I'll bet the whole front grille casting could be transplanted.
happy.gif

100 Grille Casting:
255555.gif

102 Grille Casting:
255556.gif
happy.gif

I think I just lost my own bet.
eek.gif

Latest posts

Back