• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 16, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis Frisk You need to spank your computer again, it is sending out bad E-Mails. Maybe you should remove our Email addresses until you get it fixed.
bottom.gif

Dennis,
Mmmmmm. Beer Brats...
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
beerchug.gif

The wife and I make those while we're camping..

The first time I glanced at the photo below I interpreted the engine as saying "Wheelhorse.. better get the eyes checked...

I'm getting good at welding up the drive coupler, but I think the 149 is gonna get either a Lovejoy or QL style coupling when it goes back together...

Charlie Digger
The package arrived here today. That was a record from you to me 7 days. I`am installing the new hydro valves and the wife is going to put me to work.Thanks a bunch
thumbsup_old.gif

SCOTT - Problem I have with Beer Brats is I NEVER Buy enough! Local meat market makes Cheese Brat's that are REALLY good too. Tough to get them since they always sell out of them. I was in the shop a couple years ago and somebody bought one hundred fifty POUNDS of them for a back yard get-together.

RICHARD - I did a little house cleaning on the PC in the last hour. As You suggested I deleted a few e-mail addy's, ran a virus scan, Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dennis, If they're out, check these guys in my back yard... Mail order Brats!!
http://www.liehsandsteigerwald.com/

To keep it on topic,
clappy.gif
, how durable is a QL double rag joint (front and back)driveshaft? I can order a front adapter, flange and ragjoint from one of the sponsors if they'll last awhile... I'm done welding mine and replacing pins...

SCOTT - I think there's a REALLY high tariff on "Imported Brat's" in Wisconsin!
lol.gif
. Wife & I may have a "road trip" this summer. Maybe We can "Bootleg" some back!

Thing I did before it got "Grilling Weather" this week was cook brat's in Dos Equis dark amber beer. Seemed like I always had a bit left to drink when the brats were done too!

Can't help you on the Q/L rag joints in a 1X9, I just put a worm gear hose clamp around the coupler on my 129 to keep the dowel pin in. The coupler looked just like the one Justin showed. No welding involved.

Dennis F Awesome weather the last couple of days !!! Brats, I smelled some Grillin' Meat last nite, maybe I'll head down to the main St. butcher shop or the Pig & get some brats for tonite's chow ...
chef.gif
When I have a roll pin that I want stay, I thread a wire thru the center of the pin & twist the ends together...always works on my CC drivelines with no lost pins. Similar concept to factory wire seal used on diesel injection pumps.Except IH wanted the fuel injected @ factory specs!
Shift.gif

HEY PAUL....Yes, Those were my brats you smelled. Breeze was blowing your direction!

County took my snow fence down this AM.... must not have heard SNOW is predicted Saturday! But I still have a CC & Farmall ready for snow. Maybe I can play some before it all melts.

Wish I could do a little clean-up in the yard but it's still a bit too wet to run a CC around much.

What a great day I had. Hauled some leaves and blowdown limbs away with one tractor and rolled with the 149. Tomorrw I think I should get another tractor going and moving .One a Day for a few days till I get them all going. Carpenter to show up at 10.30 to see what I want built on the shop. 19x12 for more storage
bash.gif
bash.gif
and this is it for me for Cubs lol. Unless I see another super.
old.gif

Dennis
Steak on the barbie now !
thumbsup_old.gif

I`am asking if I can use these rag joints on a 149? I bought these for another tractor and won`t be using them. If not I will have to pay forward.Thanks Guys Cat O is perfect and I have found a place to do my own plow day lol. Soon I will spend a morning and have some fun.
old.gif

186916.jpg

Ok I got it reduced, I need to know what and why that silver and black rod is for running from the front axle to the frame, it looks to be and add on, but i don't know why. I have a cub cadet 128.

186934.jpg

Eric - Keep learnin'
happy.gif

I'd say the rod was put there because the front axle pivot is wore out letting the axle "swing" front to back. Jack it up and check , if it is spread out in the channel that the pivot pin goes through then use a big "C" clamp and press it together. You may need to replace the pivot rod too.

Thanks there are a bunch of things on this 128 that need to be fixed that previous owner butchered, i have to find a wireing harness, tail lights, headlight, dash, creeper drive, rebuilt carb, smokes and smells like burnt gas when running, ignition switch, many things, i am just going to have to do one at a time, as i intend to use this 128 for yard work this sping and summer.

Actually it only smokes very little, and the smoke is a blackish color, smells mostly like burnt gas.

Mark: You might try a heat gun on those decals. The decals should heat up and melt long before the paint does. You can then scrape them off with a plastic putty knife. Just be careful to not overheat the paint.

i put in a bunch of hours on the 123 vanguard today. most of the exterior stuff is off the old engine, the coupler needs to be put on the new engine. ill be dropping the new engine in tomarow night for a pre-paint ride and to work the bugs out.

i towed it up to the garage with my lt4000, i feel i have sinned lol. i would have dragged one of the other cubs out but they are buried behind and under piles of stuff. it a good thing the hydro release wasnt stuck, i dont think i would gone too far. wish me luck on the test ride, it should be fun. that tractor hasnt moved on its own since it had multiple wire fires shortly after i bought it, it was fun while it lasted
clappy.gif

Donald; Those rag joints will not work in my 169.They last about 15 minutes. You need the joints with the small center hole.

Eric, interesting, a trailing arm on a Cub Cadet. I agree with what KENtucky posted about it. If you don't have a large C-clamp, remove the axle and use a bolt through the axle pivot in the channel and put a nut on it and tighten it up to close the channel. Richard C. POSTED THIS INFO on February 01, 2004 - 11:02 am:

Hmmm, I may have a use for a setup kind of like that... Any chance you could email me a high resolution version of the trailing arm mod photo? I'd like a better look at how it was mounted. My email address is in my profile. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back