• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 15, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gregplaine
I have had the same tiller on a orginai a 100 and a 122 cadet. I now have the same tiller on a 482, useing the same hitch, simple by drilling the shaht size bigger and adding spacers on each side. The lift arm is off a 104 rod and helper spring the same. made plates on rear to put gear box on.

Man, with all this talk about ag tires, lifts, tillers and such I just can't wait for my rear lift to arrive! I'll probably blow, whats left of my clutch, up but I can't wait to have an excuse to tear the 122 down and fix a few things.
bouncy.gif

Tom H. We will be at Sublette early on Saturday to unload. Might even make a second run and bring some Cub Cadets. Pancakes on Sunday at the old Grade School. Sounds like a good Cub cadet crowd will be there.
Matt D. I fought runs on the 12-0. I sanded down and reshot the hood a second time and still have a run. But the feeling of doing this thing with my Dad, by ourselves far outweighs any imperfections. It's a 10 foot paint job. And it has all new Stones on it BABY!

Time for a shameless plug. For those that look at the sponsor boxes and never use them. RF Houtz is my major hookup for parts. They always have time for my dumb questions and ideas. Skip is letting me use his new Kodiak and trailer to get the 1206 to the show. THANKS! Use the sponsors and lets hope they never go away.

Details? Well I guess not too much to say. Those tires are going on my 1650 to take up to plowday. This will be my first Plow Day actually plowing. I went to Plow Day 8 as a spectator at Steve B's and I liked it but then I really didn't do much with tractors for awhile. But now I am back into it.

I just tuned up the 1650 the other day and it has 12 hours on a fresh overbore. I've been having a little trouble getting the throttle range right but it runs ok enough for now. That is my main tilling tractor and I just got my extended sleeve hitch and rod done for it so i can plow with the tiller mount.

My 6 year old really liked it and was shocked when I did a big wheelie in front of him. I want to let him drive it but I think I should wait just a little longer.

I need to get over to DesMoines next week to pick up another plow (brinly)I am still going to try out my homemade job though. I also have a small David Bradley plow I will be trying to sell at plow day. It is a 6 incher and would be good for an Original or something like that.

If I had a bigger truck or trailer I would bring an OT tractor with a loader along to plow day also but for now I can only bring just the one. I really can't wait this year and I sure hope we don't get rained out.

After plow day I have a big yard project planned. My garden is about 3900 sq ft. It has been gardened in the same spot for 20 years and it has really sunk down. That makes it hard to get my Cub in and out of it without really dragging the tiller hard. I also have a few other low spots in the yard. So when it dries out a little I am going to have about 36-48 yards of dirt brought in to level everything out. Will be 3-5 tandem loads. I plan on grading all of the dirt with my OT loader tractor and my 1650 I have a front blade and a back blade for the 1650 so I think I should do ok. Just might take awhile LOL. I'll be sure to post some pics.

Whew for not haveing much to say I sure said allot.

Heh... if you were wondering where I got the tires, it was Cedar Rapids Tire. Sure was easy to just call them and then drive over on my way to work. A little expensive, not too far from a pair of firestones but very convenient.

While I was there I was checking out a pair of the 26" AT's They looked allot better in person than all of the pictures I've seen of them. If I had a machine that big I'd try a pair out. I think they would dig in reall good and be easy on the lawn.

Does anyone have a real pic of the 8.5 Tru Powers? I didn't want to ask them to bring a pair up just so I could look at them.
bouncy.gif

I'm trying to restore a model 127. It is missing the release lever for the hydro. Any ideas where I can get one or can I make one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey all, its been a while but i have a question about my '67 124 IH. my clutch wont stop the shaft from spinning. It takes 10+ seconds. Do I need to re-build? Should I get a clutch re-build kit?

Thomas L., I have a few narrow frame hydro parts tractors setting around at home I believe there is a 107 in the group, if it still has the release lever it's yours. Time permitting I'll check on it this weekend and see if I can get it disassembled.

Not a sleeve hitch adapter, but close. I wanted the measurements so I can modify it to attach a tiller I have. It's a case belt drive tiller, supposed to run off the PEARLESS trans pto pully. I thought about converting it to a hydraulic drive for one of my other cases, but I don't want to mess with a hydraulic 'pto'. It's somewhat close that I'm pondering getting a 90 gearbox and we'll see., BTW I don't have all the belt driven case any more, just the parts that count, and a spare K-241.

Kraig; Thanks for all the useful info and pictures, one other thing there's a caption about a fluid filled damper will I need this or does the spring set up work ok, and if I use spring's what length and tension would I need. If you have that information available would greatly appreciate it.Thanks Jim (P.S. I'm in no hurry so at your convience
happy.gif

Kraig, your going to go broke sending all those parts off like that! I know I'm the same way.

KENtuckyKEN:I posted before I read all the posts and after reading yours about MTD CC fluid damper that would probably be better way to go would you have model or part number or are all the fluid dampers the same size and specification's . Thank You for any and all help. Jim

Earl, well that particular parts tractor didn't cost me anything and I'm not in this hobby to make money, (<font size="-2">though I'm not in it to loose money either...</font>). It's a small part so shipping shouldn't amount to much.
happy.gif

James - I've not fooled with my 129 conversion for 6 years ... and you expect me to remember ? I went out and looked for the dampner and was about to give up when I thought to look under the junk on the seat and I found it. Pic to follow. I didn't think to measure it, there's no part number on it but it is a double acting dampner. I don't remember why I gave up on the double spring dampner, maybe because at the time I had a supply for the fluid dampners... don't remember. Pic of spring dampner mock up to follow. I think that the style of fluid dampner that I have was discontinued. I was making the 129 conversion to use a cable instead of a solid rod. My 129 conversion would have bolted to the foot rest using the factory holes. The cable I have (if I can find it) was so limber that you can tie two knots in it and still push/pull it. That would make for a lot sweeter setup than my orginal 127 foot pedal. Between trying to get the cable cam figured out and making Pin Tools 18 hours a day I ended up with a freakin nervous breakdown! There were many cups of coffee drank and cartons of cigarettes smoked up out there, occasionally I'd eat or take a nap. Work can be to addictive ...
53391.jpg

53392.jpg

Thomas L:

First, Welcome to the forum
53396.jpg

Here is a Breakdown of the parts for your Cub. The lever is NLA. Like Kraig previously posted, a good used one can be had.

53397.jpg

Lonny, Thanks. Those look like Power trac lugs. Or are they Tru Powers? CR tire has Tru powers listed in the 8.5 size and I was wondering if anyone had bought any of them. Here is a file photo but I want to see them in person.
53404.jpg

Maybe I'll just have to buy a set to check them out

Latest posts

Back