• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 15, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Earl, here's the dimensions if you decide to make one.

53342.jpg

Thanks Kraig! These will come in handy none the less.

KENtuckyKen,

Thanks! I appreciate your advice & the tip regarding NOT to use CERMA in a new engine. What you say makes sense. (Now that you mention it, I didn't notice on their web site about it being good/bad in a new engine; they should address that point in their FAQ section.)
I hope you come back & share with us what you determine when you re-check the compression in your Silverado after the addition and a few miles.
thumbsup.gif

By the way (getting back to Cubs), this Saturday, I plan to go look at a 127 that is supposedly VERY clean & solid, was stored inside it's whole life, and only needs a few minor repairs (one being a loose/sloppy F/R lever). I hope it turns out to be as nice as it's been discribed over the phone!

Does anyone have any good/bad points I should be looking for when evaluating the condition of a 127?

I have a tired, but still hard-working 129 now and a 125 for parts. My thoughts right now are that I'll only deal on the 127 IF it turns out to be VERY nice and include a nice deck and/or other attachments.
Ryan W
beerchug.gif
}

Kraig; Do you have or does any one have diagrams or pictures or a conversion to foot pedal control for a 149 model cub cadet I saw the pictures from a couple days back that you posted looked pretty good but how is it hooked up under chassis. Thanks Jim

Jim, I know that Steve B. was working on one for a 149 based loader tractor that he was building but I don't know if he ever finished it. He was also planning on making it auto return to neutral. Here are some photos of it. I think I have more if I can find them I'll post those too.

53352.jpg

53353.jpg

53354.jpg

53355.jpg

53356.jpg

Kraig M check with Madsons for thoose decals, I got some from him and were cheaper than the ones on ebay.

Kendal, thanks. Were you able to buy just the air filter decal or did it come as a set with others? I don't need the xxHP decals I have a set of those.

hey fella s beautiful day up here in southern ontario,makes me ask this question tho will a tiller off a 1650 fit on my 104?...springs a commin' u know .
happy.gif

Greg-
The tiller will fit as long as you have 1) a narrow frame mule drive with the pulleys for the front, and 2) a different length PTO belt.

Kraig-
Madson's will sell ya Kohler decals.

Kraig - The dampner drawing in your post of Steve's foot pedal is my drawing of 01/09/01. I gave that up though for MTD CC fluid dampners.

Ryan - I'll let everyone know how it goes ... ever quits raining then I can go put the plug back in the oil pan!

I wonder why Firestone doesn't make 23X10.50 - 12 tires in their 23 deg tires, that buggen me, I wanted them, but my 23X10.50-12 tru powers havent screwed me yet.

KENtuckyKen

On the 127, the one thing about the sloppy F/R lever, I found it a lot easyer to drop the steering colum to tighten the adjusting nut than trying to follow the instructions in the service manual of useing a wedge placed inbehind the nut.

I tore into my 127 today, I pulled the motor out to degrease it and the engine compartment, I need to find out where all the oil is comming from.
I must have scraped 3 pounds of crud out of the engine compartment and the paint under it look new. When I went to remove the motor mount bolts there where only 2 holding the motor in, those where the ones above the axle.

Charlie,
A year or so back you had posted a photo or 2 of a different type of a pin used in the driveshaft, I belive it had some sort of groves in them to help hold them in place.
Would you happen to rember where you got them, and would you possabley be willing to part with 1 or 2 of them if you have any spares?
I am going to need one for the 127, and after looking at the 129, I am supprise what is left if that one is still holding.

Oh and one more question.
Is the drive hubs for these still advailable through cub cadet?
or am I resigned to searching through e-pay to find a couple.

Charlie,

Thanks for the link on the pins, I should be able to get the ones I need, hopefully, if I don't mess up to bad when ordering them.

Latest posts

Back