• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 13, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgreer

displayname
Jacob Greer
I am now the owner of a 123! The rear wheels weren’t locked up, the engine had been rebuilt & ran pretty good, and it has a 42 inch mower deck with it that’s in decent shape so I couldn’t pass it up.

In two weeks, when I’m on spring break, I hope to be able to figure out what the problem is that’s causing it to not move, but until then I will just have to wait until I can work on it.

Great news Jacob!
Your gonna love that 123.
We do need some pics though!!!!!
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 140
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 131
Jacob,
It sounds like you got a great deal.
thumbsup.gif

worthless.gif

Attachments

• worthless.gif
    worthless.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 135
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 139
Jacob, the 123 is a great machine...I love mine! Post pics when you can
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 147
Congratulations Jacob. You will love that 123. have a chassis that I will donate to someone that will restore it. Just no time to do it myself.
happy.gif

Right now I need to find someone that can repair the crack in an Original seat. My local welder repair shops don't like small jobs and treat them like they are a nuisance job. I want the repair done right. So does anyone have a favorite shop I could send it to?

Now I need the weather to stop raining. I may have to take a couple of Fridays off to get this little guy polished and taken to its new home. Thank Goodness for CC Specialties.... I can get top quality parts a lot cheaper than through my local Cub Cadet dealer.

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 136
Marlin, try taking it to your local community college. If they have a welding program you might have some luck there. I work at one and our welding instructor is top notch. He's done five or six small jobs for me since I've been into cubs (and handles those tasks himself). Coincidentally, I'm taking my cracked pan seat to him tomorrow for repair.

Steve S. THANK YOU!!!! It is sad that the local shops don't like to take time anymore to do the small job correctly. This little tractor will have one heck of a good home. I can't wait to deliver it. With the help of everyone here and CC Specialties that little Originals should last many years. When the weather dries up I'll have some pictures. It is serial number 41,784.

I just picked up a QA36A snowthrower. It is set up for a wide frame and I have narrow frame (104). I haven't spent much time with it but do have a question.

The manual says that for tractors with serial numbers under 400,000 require an "adaptor package". What is the "adaptor package"?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin C.
If your 104 has the quick attach like this one, you won't need to do anything but stick it on there.
302835.jpg

If not, you'll have to come up with the stuff to bolt the side plates to the frame.

Attachments

• 302835.jpg
    302835.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 302835.jpg
    302835.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 154
Marlin,you can try auto body shops for small weldins jobs. Thay are good with the thin stuff

The adapter package, I believe, is just the bracket that attaches to the lift arm for the lift rod to connect to, and perhaps a different length lift rod.
dunno.gif

302837.jpg

Attachments

• 302837.jpg
    302837.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 157
  • dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 302837.jpg
    302837.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 139
Jacob, CUBgratulations on getting a 123!
groupwave.gif
greenthumb.gif
Oh, and don't forget, we LIKE photos.
buttrock.gif

worthless.gif

Attachments

• worthless.gif
    worthless.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 144
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 133
  • groupwave.gif
    groupwave.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 128
  • buttrock.gif
    buttrock.gif
    439 bytes · Views: 136
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 139
I guess I was so excited Saturday about bringing home my first hydro, that I forgot to take a few photos! LOL
I'll try and get some pics of it tomorrow

Now Charlie - the pics are only fuzzy if you use the enlargement feature
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 142
Thanks for all the info. Spent some time with it tonight, got the brackets moved in to fit a narrow frame and it looks like it will hook right up! I'm going to clean it up a bit, make sure it's all lubricated and then put it on the tractor. Hopefully I'll have it all done before the snow flies next fall!!!

Repaired my hydro lift lever this AM.
PO had already added the extra brace because the lever was about to break at the pivot it was so worn and slobbered w/attempted welding fix.
I cut the pivot area out and added a 5/8" long piece of 1/4 x 1-1/4 flat w/a new hole. Then added extra threads to a longer shank 1/4 bolt so the pivot in the arm rides on shank instead of threads if a short bolt is used. Then used a locking not to secure w/a wave washer between the uprights. I think I'll leave the brace.

Does anyone have a plating operation set up and running??

302846.jpg

302847.jpg

Attachments

• 302847.jpg
    302847.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 302846.jpg
    302846.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 302847.jpg
    302847.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 302846.jpg
    302846.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 140
I have found silver metallic paint serves as a functional replacement for plating on items like your lever.

(Do not buy the "chrome" paint......it will chalk and fade to white)

Latest posts

Back