• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 13, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael Jonathan Robilotta, look for a book titled "A Corporate Tragedy" by Barbara Marsh, it tells most of the story of the rise and downfall of <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>. It's out of print but you might be able to find a copy in a library. I have a copy but it's not for sale.
happy.gif

80985.jpg

Tod,, i have wide and (N) and i likem both and well,,, g,, they have Kol to right
80988.jpg

Michael R. You can purchase that book from Amazon.com but it ain't cheap. When I purchased my copy it was like $30. They're a lot more then that now. It's an interesting book and worth reading.

Ken,Matt,Kraig,and Tim
thank you guys,but again it helps if i understand what the heck im talking about!!!In Kens post its #21,in the parts look up its called a engage shaft.Sorry guys.I dont know if that mounts to the mule drive or the frame or?
Again thank you guys Jason

Actually i dont have to have a picture i just need to know what holes to stick the sucker in.the engage lever that is!!

Jason - There's a hole on each side put there by the IH Gods jest fer dat purpose. Look and ye shall see ...

Hey I just remembered that I got Hank's book wednesday but I've been to busy to look at it.

Ray V, The early Originals, like yours, did not have the hole in the pedestals. Good uncracked pan seats are hard to find and are usually selling for well over $100.00 on e-pay. You can find cracked or welded ones pretty cheap and put a seat cover on it, which was an accessory for the Originals.

Hi Don T. what year is your Original? I see the slot to allow for adj. Thanks for the help

Bill thanks for the info, it kinda looked like a hole was added. Dons photo shows a slot, but I'm assuming his is newer?

One of my Os has a slot for this and i had another had a round hole for adjustment. I don't know if either was factory.
Luther

Back