• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 13, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a leaking problem with the kohler carb on my 169. I have taken it down, cleaned it chemically, used the rebuild kit , put it back together and it still leaks. I haven't replaced the float, but it seems to be solid. Any ideas? I have a fairly new Walbro that will fit, but I understand from forum members that they are not real reliable.

Jason - I can't find an actual pic
dunno.gif

Jason -

This isn't a great picture, but the arrow points to where the lever is mounted. To the right, there is the PTO rod w/ turnbuckle.

80966.jpg

Alan S. I sure did. One other thing: It took about 2 days for it to start leaking again.

Dave did you have the tractor where you cant get at the fuel shut off valve? My 147 still leaks when its parked(stored), and I rebuilt carb also. So I shut off the valve. Maybe you can get some type of small valve from a sponser and put right at the carb inlet.

I have never had a fuel leak at the carb on the 128. But the fuel shutoff valve always leaked if left open. I have since replaced the valve, but I still make a point of shutting the fuel flow to the carb off when not in use. My .02, with the cost of gas thesedays I can't afford to have any leaks.

Did anybody notice Adam B's 129 pic from last night. Adam or the PO marked the fuel shutoff with a sharpie.

David G: The only thing in a carb that might take some time(i.e. two days) to begn the carb to leak is a bad float with a microscopic crack. If it were mine, I'd replace the float.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

David G
Make sure you don't have any pinholes from oxidation in your fuel bowl I had one that did on my k321 and I thought it was a bad gasket. Another thing to look for is the bottom of the bowl gets deformed where the bolt holds it on not allowing for the bowl to seat tight against the gasket. Good luck. And as far as turning off the fuel mine only when they are going into storage no access on the quietlines without disassembly
80972.jpg
crash.gif

Hey all, I'm restoring an Original serial number 1864. My question to you cubaholics is, was there a hole in the side of the steering tower to allow for steering box adjustment? This tractor has a hole looks like it was drilled or torched by a previous owner. Also looking for a pan seat. Thanks for any help, Ray

David put the float under in a glass of water, if no bubbles good float. your next look would be the slosh gasket or the floats to rich. my .02

i got a bud whoes asking me and i really want to know too. what happened to international harvester?

Ray you should be looking for a nut with a sloted pin in the center. back off nut turn screw head, righty tighty lefty loose. my .02 agin

Michael Jonathan Robilotta (Mjrobilotta) $$$ they just could not compete with a ( stamp)

Once again, when posting responses to Q's. I seem to alway's overlook the fact that there are other models here, besides my WF. I suffer from a complex disorder....one minded cubber!

Latest posts

Back