• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 12, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
53172.jpg

They are not Titans but the tread design looks to be close.
If I remember, they are carlisles tru-power. 23-8.50-12

Hey Charlie,
Ask and you shall recieve.

Carlisle bought Titan take a look here http://tinyurl.com/2k4su4
Tru Power in 23x10.5-12
Just don't get the True Power AT's. That tread is more like the old Carlisle tread. I had a pair of the AT's and there were good tires though.

Mike - Glad to help.

Jeff - THAT'S the pic I remembered.

Those Titans look like they might out-do the old Firestones. I like those better than my Carlise' but I took what was local.

Nate, nice tires!!! I want some of those for one of my 125s.
thumbsup.gif

Lonny, if I can't find any 8.5 Firestones those Carlilse tires would be my second choice.
beerchug.gif

Some time ago Doug H. was asking if anyone had converted a 149 to a foot control hydro. Here are some photos of a 149 that Jerry H. had that was setup as a foot control.

53177.jpg

53178.jpg

53179.jpg

53180.jpg

53181.jpg

53182.jpg

After reading all those posts, it should be made clear that a Cub Cadet 3-pt lift does NOT have any straps or u-shaped "pivots". A sleeve hitch attachment does however....The two are not the same. The lift bar, upper casting and lower lift hitch link are options from Cub Cadet. The sleeve hitch is a separate attachment.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Brendan B, The ATV tires worked out very nice for me. The traction was good (but not as good as turfs with chains) in the winter, and great in the summer. One thing to watch out for is that the load capacity on ATV tires are much less then the AG tires are.

KRAIG - It was difficult to find 23-8.50X12's a couple years ago but FIRESTONE made another run. Great tire....I've wanted a set since WAY back in the early 70's and finally got the pair on My 72 for PD #1. I put a pair of 26-12.00X12's on the 982 also. And I may get a pair of 6-12's for the 70.

Denny, I'm hoping to get a set of the 6-12s for my Original. IF I ever get around to finishing it....
happy.gif

Brendan: My wife is in a wheel chair and she drives the newer cub a lot. I start the yard (open it up)take her outside and pick her little rearend up and sit her on the seat! All right hand controls and she gets sun and a suntan at the same time mowing 4 acres.

Of course with her being left side paralized and eyesight not the best there is a few streaks left in the yard. But you know what I am not telling her. Just glad to see her accomplishing something. Thats why I am rebuilding the 1000 to help her mow and be out in the yard with her at the same time.

The only disability is the ones we make for ourselves. Now I problay got somebody mad so I think I'll go wet sand my 1000's hood.

Pops
bouncy.gif

56 participants
49 Plowing
2 Selling
4 Spectators
38 John Deere tractors
47 Cub Cadet tractors
5 Other tractors

Hi guys,

A follow up on my progress with my transmission problem. Got the cover off yesterday. What I found was: the drive shaft is no longer connected to the rag joint. Both bolts are gone. The linkage for the F/R lever was disconnected from the ball on the transmission plate and formed in a horseshoe. The brake link had a 10-15 deg bend. Removed and straighten both and re attached. Found the shear pin in the engine coupler was sheared. Depending on the weather this weekend will pull the engine loose see if the drive shaft is bent. Re-assemble start it up and see if the hydraulics work. From there will depend on if it works or not. Sorry, no digital camera so no pictures.

Back