• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 10, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Ray, found some that kinda show the angle:

222364.jpg

222365.jpg

222366.jpg

Donald T. Everyone here is saying prayers for a quick recovery. Take care of yourself.

Kraig M. who's custom made hitch is that?

Marlin, that would be Steve Blunier's hitch and plow.

Thank You, Kraig. It looks like a well thought out and sturdy hitch.

Don T, You have to look at the rings with a bore that looks like that. you have a problem, or something went through that engine. PS, hope you get tp feeling better.

My computer time has been limited lately mostly cause I'm an idiot with the puter.

Don T. thoughts and prayers for you. You are always there with helpful advice. Get well soon.

Tim P.

On topic I am waiting for carb for 125. I am just messing with the Walbro that came off of it. It will run but the linkage/throttle cable does not seem right. I am at full throttle 1/4 way thru the stroke. I have followed the books but am lost.

Tim P

Does it just take persistence ?? On a 128 trying to get a brake peddle/shaft off. The brake/cluth lever is being a real booger. 2nd day of Spraying/soaking, Hammering, hit it twice with O/A torch, Hammered, cooled,sprayed, hammered ............... Hitting the shaft though the hole on opposite side for more swing. That puts Lever up against inside of frame. Is that good way for force, or is there a better way ?? Or is it just Persistence ??

Back in after some more effort, and read back on the forum.
Don T. , Wish You Well. Give it the rest it needs. I don't post here often, but i know you have been a big help when i have needed it. Thank You, and we know you will be back to those Cubs. Just be patient.

I just need to do some welding on the peddle part. So i'm looking at options. It looks possible to separate the lever from the lever collar. Then tack them back together later. I have some separation already from pounding on them, which slightly angled the lever already. That may be causing the two peices to bind together.

Next option, is to cut the peddle off of the shaft and reweld back on, while on the tractor, looks possible. I have already used the dremel to place a marker knotch, in case i try either one. But will consider other suggestions.

Don T. Ditto on the quick recovery. I will be lurking patiently to see you back at it. Maybe you can help me figure out how to get some 'dohickies' for my 108.

Gary C.
Back when I took mine out I sanded off the paint on the shaft and then it came out with some "persistance". They were assembled and then painted.

Kraig, Marlin,

It is a Simplicity hitch, modified for a Cub Cadet and then modified for my high clearance plow.

Don T, Sorry you aren't feeling well. You are missed on here so get better and hurray back. I hope your wife doesn't make you get rid of your cubs because you got hurt on one.

Can I use a# 30 carb on k301a instead of# 26? It seems like I can but would like advice. Thx. Tim P.

Whatever happen to the guy with the 71 in new condition?
I like to see more pictures.
Don T get well soon!!

Tim P.

The 30 may possibly work, but not nearly as well as a 26 on a K-301 (it will be an oversized carb). A very good Kohler engine builder once told me that the 14hp K-321 was where either would work, (there was more details about the 26 being the torque carb and the 30 being the HP carb...but I don't recall the details).

The larger venturi of the 30 will not pick up fuel as well with the smaller displacement engine (K-301).

If it were mine it would have a 26 on it.

Tim P.,
I had a 123 that I bought which the previous owner put a #30 on it. It had real good power but would die fast if lugged too much. It would handle a 48" deck real well but when you hit a patch of thick grass it fall flat on its face.

Latest posts

Back