• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 10, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmorrison

displayname
mike morrison
I got the 125 rewired and wont to get it out but it's been raining for three days. No snow No work
thumbdown.gif

Mike M.
I'll trade ya snow for rain!!
It's been snowing up here all day. We've got 10" on the ground and it's still coming down.
115796.jpg

More of Interstate 94 has been closed, along with Interstate 29 from Canada to the South Dakota border, as blizzard conditions continue to sweep the state.

Charlie,
Did you get a chance to take any pictures? Maybe some snow throwing?
worthless.gif

Wayne Miller : Thanks for the information on the GSS-1404 manual. I'll Check back with the vendor he wrote "a small section with 3 pages for the hydrostatic" I'm hoping he dropped a zero. Other wise i'm in Colorado with few tractor shows. Don't know if I will be back east this year.

Terry B.
I will tomorrow. No sense in even trying to get rid of this crap with it still coming down and the wind blowing at 35+.
bash.gif

Well,
We have had pretty decent weather this past week,
ground has been pretty dry, so I have been plowing my garden plots with the 1450. Ended up tilling and planting lettuce, radishes, beets and snow peas on Saturday.
Went out yesterday and plowed up another plot.
I am new at this plowing thing, but I think I did OK.
The plow I have is a sleeve hitch type plow, but only has one hole instead of three like on a Brinly plow. Seems like it wants to sway one way or another behind the tractor.

Any tips? BTW I have read the FAQ's but didn't find an answer to this problem. Also, I am getting deep enough in the furrow, but the tip of the plow still drags when lifted up all the way.

Phillip T. Possible piston slap,wrist pin,rod brg or my most likely suspect the balance gears. Use an engine stethoscope or a real long screw driver to listen to various parts of the engine. The balance gears are located at the rt frt (as the engine sits in the chassis) of the crankcase. They can be very noisey at certain engine speeds. The gears were very noisey in my 147 and when I listened to it,it was pretty obvious where the noise was coming from. Any of the possibilities I mentioned can cause severe engine damage,so the source of the noise needs to be determined before you use it.

Wayne M -- Thanks for your reply, hopefully I'll be able to get some time in towards the end of the week to play around with it.

I'm hoping it's something simple! (Which is never the case w/ my toys ;-))

Here's a pic of the old girl.

115804.jpg

Phillip,
Nice lookin cub ya got there. One of these days, I have me a quietline.
Later

Could anyone tell me the diameter of the hole in the stabilizer plate or thrust plate? The one between your brinly plow and the U frame. Is it bigger than the "pipe" it fits down over? Thanks in advance. Nick

I appreciate the advice on my carb situation with my 104. I found steel tubing the same size as the original fuel line so I am going to install a new line. I am going to rebuild the carter carb, but until I can get my shop clear the walbro will have to do for now. The question I have now is will cultivator shanks from an old David Bradley cultivator work on my Brinly? My father has 3 David Bradley set ups and quite a few extra shanks with plowheads and teeth. It looks as if the shanks are about the same size. My cousin gave me the old V frame Brinly cultivator that he had when he was cleaning out his garage a couple of years ago. Can you still get teeth and shanks for it?
construction.gif

Is there a way to bench test a soleniod? I have 3 of them and want to find which 1 of them works!

Pops

The engine in my 149 came from a 1450 QL and it had balance gears prior to rebuilding. The use of ISO mounts didn't do away with the balance gears, they just further reduced the engine vibration to the tractor's frame. Mike

The 129 loader rebuild ! well these were a bear to get out (the studs) i want to clean the po`s paint off.Moving on. later Don T
115827.jpg

Phillip-
I had a 1450 that did EXACTLY what you describe. It had what sounded like a KNOCK at idle, but nothing at more throttle.

Turned out the oil-pan was rubbing on the frame crossmember due to bad iso mounts.

It was easy to think, "It's only the mounts, I'm just going to run it this way." But the oil-pan had some major wear marks on it, so I wouldn't waste any time getting at the fix.

Hope this helps...

will a k301 12hp fit on a model 70? Is it a simple bolt on? I am new to cub land and learn alot from you masters here.

Anyone know what seats will bolt directly onto 1x8/9 series tractors? I measured last nite and think I got 11x8 hole spread on the seat. I've looked at northern tool and mcmaster-carr and cant find a decent seat that will bolt up. Can anyone tell me where they got there seats?Thanks,Dustin

hello guys i have a chance to buy another red 782 pretty cheap it doesnt have a motor so i might get it because mine needs alot of work so i might have some 782 parts for sale soon

Latest posts

Back