• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 07, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
OK, one last time, just for the fun of it!
319775.gif

Periscope up.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FORUM!

Wow, 20 years? Where did THAT go!?! I think I stepped in about a year or two after the forum started...to figure out how to repair the broken roll-pin on the Hyd lift lever of our 1450 we got after buying our "new" house. Turns out a new "pinch-bracket" was the fix. Daughter was just born a year earlier.

We've now lived in the same house for the past 20 years. (Every room, inside & outside surfaces, and mechanicals have been updated since) Daughter is now a freshman in college, and I have more grey hair. LOL

A huge Thank You goes out to Charlie and Kraig for keeping the lights on here. Also, an even "huge-er" THANKS to all of the folks on this forum who've made it a great place through the years. I've learned a TON here thanks to all of you!!!

Back under edit: Funny, if you don't post here in a long while, your tagline (below) circles back around and makes sense again. LOL
beer2.gif

Hahahaha. I don't remember hearing about Charlie buying another cub stash, don't surprise me none though. I'm hoping local sale on Saturday has some show up. Just listing much too new cubs for me.

Doing some surfing Craigslist today and came up with a 169 for sale locally. Deck, plow, chains, rebuilt motor. Not shabby looking, some decent looking paint on it with no decals replaced. Don't have any need for it, but you know how that goes. You don't see many 169 mentioned here? Are they kind of a rare bird? Seems to be priced right. For what you pay for all this new plastic junk, I think it's a steal.

If I didn't have the 127 I'm tinkering with I would be more apt to go look at it. Another guy has a pile of misc parts for sale too, pretty cheap. If I could move them quickly and made a buck, maybe.

Larry-the 169 was only made in 1974 for the total I believe to 4005 units produced,to answer you question it is a rare bird and highly sought after if the price is right nab it 169s don’t come along all the time.Just make sure you check it over to make sure some unscrupulous P/O didn’t make a 169 clone out of a 149

Ethan thanks for the heads up. What are the tell tales of a 169. I'm not versed at all.

Larry-I’d say you have to check the serial number ranges for the 169 against what is on the tractor your looking at ,if the number on the 169 your looking at falls into the number range then I’d say your good if it doesn’t jive then somethings amiss.I know you can find serial numbers on tractordata.com or I’d just bet someone here will chime in with other links as well.Im not saying that a counterfeit is what your looking at at all just that I’ve heard of others running into them before

Larry-looks the the 169 run is serial numbers 506737-529811 from what i see.

Latest posts

Back