• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 05, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KEN; Before you get chance that was a couple beer breaks in between.
beerchug.gif

JIM

Don...your teasin me, you don't know what I would give to have a garage to play....I mean work in.

Charlie,

I'm still pretty new here but I would be happy to help out with the new web page if I can.

Imagine my surprise when I received a phone call from a co-worker tonight that said he was loading up an old cub cadet to take to the local scrap metal yard and wanted to know if I would want to look at it before he disposed of it. It was four miles away and I was almost there before we hung up the phone. It's a 126 with a nice mower deck good seat & tires and headlights that work. I can't quit smiling! He even said he would deliver. Pictures to follow in a day or two.
happy.gif

I found another alternative to the throttle shaft bushings. I found some aluminum cable stops that are the perfect OD, but the ID needs drilled out to 1/4". Usually the thickness is 1/4", but one in the box was 1/8" already.

80548.jpg

80549.jpg

Keith, I need to catch up with you on that fix I have two that need it.

On Tues-Wed we had a snow ice storm through here, left us with about about 2 inches of a hard packed snow ice combo, nasty stuff. Tried to plow it off yesterday, but the blade just floated on top. Well I tired of that and tried to adjust the rusty wear pads up out of the way, that did'nt work so I had to cut them off with the torch, desperate times call for desperate measures. It worked, now she'll plow some ice.

Tom

80554.jpg

80555.jpg

Tom, looks like you have a weight of some sort on the back of your 126, how about a detail photo of that please?
happy.gif

Kraig,

Here are a couple of pics of my homemade weight setup. Its a big piece of angle iron I had laying around the shop with some big chunks of leftover steel for weight sitting in there. I know I need to get it painted, winter was here too fast this season and I did'nt get it done. That combined with my 190 lbs seems to be more than enough to push a little snow.

Tom
80562.jpg

80563.jpg

Tom,
You need to clean out your shop. There is some green stuff growing in the corner...

Nice weight bracket though.

Keith

Alright guys, need some advice. Need to mow 2 acres this summer. Should I get another cub, or would a farmall cub do the trick? Is live PTO that much of a pain?

Tom - NO they are NOT a pain , it is the best to have. A Cub tractor doesn't have live PTO. A Lowboy 154 may have I'm not sure with it being belt driven ... I don't think they are either.

Live PTO means that the PTO runs even with the clutch depressed, cubs run from the drive shaft through the trans.

Tom R.-

I mow our 2-acre yard every summer with various Cub Cadets. I've used one of about everything to do the job. I'd just get Cub Cadet with a 48" or 50" deck.

I've seen some Nelson noise suppresion mufflers, pn 59365C1 on various sites. Has anyone tried to fit one to a 129? Are there any other quieter options for a 129?

BACK FROM THE DEAD!

80573.jpg

This 147 sat in the PO's yard with a broken rod for at least 10 years. Now with a donor K321 from a 149 and much work on frozen linkages and relief valves, she lives again.

80574.jpg

Even the lights work! Still have to fix the electric lift...I've got tilling to do this Spring.

Michael M. Fantastic job. Thank You for rescuing that poor little Cub.
beer2.gif

Latest posts

Back