• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 03, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbdavis

displayname
Terry Davis
John B. - the rig on the back of your Original is probably a prototype of the utility box IH introduced in '63 and likely the only one in existence on planet earth.

Question:In the 50 Years of Cub book that I just got, Mr. Will calls the model 73 a "lawn tractor" and states the "kind code" number 205 indicates "lawn tractor". However, the parts lookup lists the 73 under GT's and not in the LT section. Was wondering who was correct. My newly aquired 73 is #2050036U343907

Dave S.

Thanks Tom and Jeremiah. I think a Six pack of Soda and a small Toolbox would be perfect for a plow day on the back of the O Runner tractor! And Terry - Stop pulling my chain! lol

DAVE - The 73 is a garden tractor, has about 95+% parts interchangability with the 70/100, 71 & 72.

The parts look-up isn't always 100% accurate either. The instrument panel shown in the look-up is for a "hydro tractor", not a GD.

IH lawn tractors were the little "Cadets", the bath-tub mowers, #76, etc.

David S.

73 is a GT.......underpowered for my tastes
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
, but a full blown GT none the less!!!!!

Thanks guys! Got me to wondering after I looked it up in Will's book and he said it was an LT!!

It was part of a package deal that included an original and a 70 plus parts plus the air lift table I posted in the shops & sheds thread.

Anyone keeping a roster of any of these models ser #'s

Dave S.

David S. - If someone is, here's my addition to the 73 list:
2050036U310998
2050036U348002
2050036U32xx75 (rubbed smooth)
sad.gif

Ok, so maybe I was slightly off on the utility box theory - it's still pretty cool! Needs a cooler with a big ole IH on it!

Dave,
That is a misprint in Hanks book, the Kind Code "205" indicates a Cub Cadet Garden Tractor. The Cadet Lawn tractors were kind code 035, and the Cadet rear engine riders were kind code 034.
As he said in his book, the 73, 106, 107, 126, 127, 147 were the first models to use the "Kind Code" on the data/serail number plate.

Hey can I get a copy of the score card for the 100 point scale. I may need some direction that would keep me on track.

No never mind I think I will do what I want.

Harry, on the score card do you get to take 5 or 10 points off for GD's?
1a_scratchhead.gif

One of my Voltage Regulators on a 169 broke the rubber like hangers that attach it to the frame brackets. The regulator is good, but I can't find any product that will replece the rubber. Any suggestions? Thanks

David Gallagher

I bet you have a leather belt that is now to short. well the leather belt will work out great . If it is not that heavy leather double it and bolt it fast. BTDT

David-

I've used nylon ties more than once for that problem. Don has a good idea but the ties are easier to attach I believe.

I recently purchased a 1450 that has a slow hydrostatic fluid leak. I have torn the tractor down to gain better access. The best I can tell is the leak is coming between the charge pump (hydrostatic transmission) and the differential. Can the transmission be removed without splitting the tractor? I assume there are seals between the 2 that need to be replaced.

MARTY - Check the FAQ's, Gerry Ide did a nice write-up on replacing the CORK gasket. It's the most common place for a hydro to leak. And yes, you should be able to replace it with just removing the center frame cover and fenders.

It's a good time to clean the rearend too before your work on it too. You don;t want any of the accumulated dirt & grease inside your hydro. Something like GUNK foaming engine cleaner and a arden hose works good. A pressure washer has too much PSI IMO.

I have a 129 with the skinny tri ribs on 3/4" spindles. Can I swap 1" bearings so I can install on a 782D?

Rick: I'll say "no" so Don T. will say "yes". I'm pretty sure you'll need the narrow wheels that are made for the 1" bearings.
happy.gif

Thanks Dennis,
I check FAQs first and did not see it. I will look again.

Rick,
I'll agree with Frank. The 1" bearing has a bigger OD that the 3/4" ID bearing.

All,
I'm having a little trouble finding Champion H-10 spark plugs. The H-10C is out there but don't know how it holds up to the good ol' plain H-10. Any thought on a better or equivalent plug?

Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)

1a_scratchhead.gif

seems last night Frank and I were talking wheel bearings. I told him I made up a set from oil impregnated brass. I used thicker OD rd stock so I could have them machined to leave an washer style edge so they would stay in place. They were drill for the 129 spindles.Used for three years till I used spindles from a trailer on the front of the 129 when I added the loader.

Latest posts

Back