Archive through March 03, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pic of engine oil pan, the fins are on both sides of the tractor, found in kohler parts book as # 230962
Francis
222097.jpg

Don T.: Make a list - I've got about everything here you'll need for Dawn's 123.
happy.gif
(Of course she'll want a NEW seat).

Jeff, my shredder is a Might MAC, almost identical to the 59M, a little different set up on the driveshaft, bearings, etc... I took a tall hopper from one engine driven Might MAC and bolted it to the body of the tractor mounted shredder. It's green, not yellow. BTW, my hydraulics lift a tiller and a 200 lb person just fine.

Sounds like I will be doing a filter and hytran change for the 149 on my next payday...

Dennis Frisk

I can post some more shots of the deck in the AM. Po did not put baffles around the blades. I can say it sure is heavy and all the spindles seem good.

Frank C

The list would not be to long for the 123 to be running,I will have to drain the rear end and see if it has ice in it lol.I will have to repair the hydro pump and charge pump. It dose have some good parts
222106.gif
. I will have to make that list and see what it would cost
1a_scratchhead.gif

Kraig, you got the exact items I was looking for. I almost fell over when I got the blade home and found out it fit without any alterations! The only thing that puzzled me was why they put two pins in the aft end of the adjustment/attaching piece where it attaches to the under tractor piece. On mine the bar is welded into the bracket and the pins seem superfluous. The other anomoly is the straight ahead bolt that the swivel bracket fits over to keep the blade staight is only the height/thickness of the bracket itself and seems like it would jump over the bolt when jarred. Also, how do the springs work? I can't figure out what they do. Thanks again for the help and I am happy to be here among old gear heads.

Francis Topp
The copy of the Kohler Master Parts Manual I have shows that oil pan having a variation numbers of 31 and 78. Variation number 31 was used on engine Spec Numbers 28348, 28363, 28495, and 28496. It does not show any Spec numbers using variation number 78, in either the K161 or L161 (generator sets) parts listing. What is the Spec number of that engine?

Rudy, the 2 springs attach to part #13 on the bottom & to the top of the blade moldboard either in holes if the springs have hooks on both ends or ( like in pic) screw bolts/cap screws into the top of the springs. In 2nd pic, Part # 6 trip lock can be used to keep the moldboard solid or to trip when U catch something rigid. The springs let the moldboard pivot forward hinging on the #10 pin .That was clear as muddy water?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Paul B, the spec tag is gone from blower housing, so I don't know, does the serial # read 494 or 3494
Francis

Latest posts

Back